lake cowichan report

• Thread starter Thread starter bigguns
  • Start date Start date
B

bigguns

it was slow with only 1 fish being caught out of the week that i was there[xx(]

Ditto. Was brutal. Fished deep with downriggers (cranks, spoons, even some big Coyotes!) and shallowish. 1 fish and it got off.
Nice weather tho. The kids had a blast.

i hear yah it was really brutal[xx(] between me and my friend family we had a fun derby and my friend won witha 5.5 inch trout and won $50:(:( i would of thought that there would be bigger trout

That blasted Cowichan lake. Once you have it figured out it will always produce. I went out on Saturday morning. Trolled the standard plugs at 70'. 3 hours five fish . Only one under 50cm. The other four cuttys were between 4-6lbs. One dolly of around 5 lbs. Till you get dialed in though it is a bia#$%^t.

ok...I need some serious help with this lake! i hear people catch fish there all the time. I was there for two weekends in the summer and one full day yesterday. Lots of fish on the suface but not one bite. If anyone would like to share info it would be welcomed with open arms!! pls help a stumped fiherman? LOL

Hay
Going up to Lake Cowichan on the weekend any reports?

Thanks

not a bite when iwas up there a week ago. Let us know how u did!!

bent

Any word on how things have been of late. Heading up this weekend for a couple days. Any encouraging info would be appreciated.

Great weekend all around. Tonnes of huge cutties, decent weather, lots of wobbly pops and a nice shore lunch to boot.

The first time I can actually say my arm got sore playing so many "trout."

Cheers

Back