JUGHEAD Update & Pics

Hey AJ,

Just a heads up that the Jughead video you link to is "Private" and can't be viewed.

just a quick question about the bait bone, it looks like an awesome assessory, but how do you keep the herring or anchovys head in the bait head with out the bait falling off the wire?

Same as usual ...toothpicks.

Hey all... the reason the clear Jugheads are a clear/pearl finish is because the amount of material used to make the Jughead is rather thick in the middle and for the acetone vapour bath to permeate into the interior of the material would turn the thinner parts into a soft malleable plastic. Basically rendering the Jughead useless.
With the present process, you would need a hammer to break these new Jugheads.
I apologise for last year's Jugheads as these new ones will no doubt catch fish and swim your bait/lure much, much better simply because they are an exact replication of the CAD drawing. Flawless.
Put your favourite lure or bait down on one side of the boat then on your other line use Jughead with the same bait or lure.
You will see a very obvious difference in catch percentage between the 2 rods. Very obvious. In fact, I personally won't even use my favourite Spatter Back Green/Glow hootchie anymore without Jughead in front of it. To me, its a no-brainer.9 - Hootchie.jpg12 - Needle Fish.jpg

o.k.

so leader lengths.......how far back is that juggy with the hoochy behind the flasher?

or do you use it with no flasher?.........if no flasher, how far back of the clip are you running it?

On what pound test?

best troll speed?

I wouldn't think you would troll your hootchie as you normally would?
you are introducing action directly to your hootchie so lighter leader and longer leader
Would be a requirement, hhhmm things to ponder
Definitely looking forward to my order
Tim

Gotcha fine SQ.
...and Seafever... I always use 40 lb Maxima leader on everything. Jughead hootchies and flashers I use no less than about a 4ft leader.
Juggies work better the faster you troll. They shake and swim well at 2.5 to 2.8 but when you pass the 3mph barrier Jughead starts to "travel" around a bit. lol. I know the XL without a flasher starts to shake it up with a 10ft+ figure eight at about 3.5 mph.
If you're not dragging a flasher in front just use the same distance from the clip as you would with a big tubby plug.
Once you guys see a hootchie swim with Jughead you'll never go back to the old. It'd be like having spaghetti without the sauce... boring ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Some guys are buying up 10, 15, 20 (or more) pkg's of Jugheads, which is just fine but, I will prob have to break your large orders up a bit and send in more than one shipment. This is so I can get everyone some Juggies as quick as I can. So, if you ordered a dozen pkg's or something, you'll prob get half dozen pkg's in the first shipment and the rest of your order about a week later... no extra S&H.
Y'all ok with that?

Back