Jordan River

• Thread starter Thread starter siwash
  • Start date Start date
S

siwash

Anyone ever fished the Jordan River area for Winter Chinook?

siwash

Yes! We fish along the 'drop off' edge from off Pt No Pt all along up to off the bridge. Be careful it is a long way to come home on SE gales.

ON THE BEACH

Yes! We fish along the 'drop off' edge from off Pt No Pt all along up to off the bridge. Be careful it is a long way to come home on SE gales.

ON THE BEACH

Only one guy I know of who fished there and that was Bob Duncan who was a commercial type and would go up there in the winter on calm days and launch a 16' aluminum and go up towards Sombrio way then back down and if I recall he used only hootchies at this time of the year as for the colour and pattern of the hootchies I don't know but he used to do quite well.
Any help ?

AL

Only one guy I know of who fished there and that was Bob Duncan who was a commercial type and would go up there in the winter on calm days and launch a 16' aluminum and go up towards Sombrio way then back down and if I recall he used only hootchies at this time of the year as for the colour and pattern of the hootchies I don't know but he used to do quite well.
Any help ?

AL

I wouldn't recommend launching @ Jordan river. The surf can make for a very scary ride(leave that only to locals and surfers)at this time of the year.Conditions change hourly.Never go west on easterly predicted wind over 15kn unless aboard a big boat.Its a long way home to Sooke.

ON THE BEACH

I wouldn't recommend launching @ Jordan river. The surf can make for a very scary ride(leave that only to locals and surfers)at this time of the year.Conditions change hourly.Never go west on easterly predicted wind over 15kn unless aboard a big boat.Its a long way home to Sooke.

ON THE BEACH

Its interesting because any thing west of Sheringham is kind of no mans land. Rare to see any fishing boats out there as was mentioned because of weather.
I often thought that my second craft would be a Zodiac where accessible beach launching in those areas would allow fishing. It would be fun to access and fish those areas.
Presently I even hate the risk of leaving Sooke and head out to Sheringham due to sudden changes.

B Gibb

Its interesting because any thing west of Sheringham is kind of no mans land. Rare to see any fishing boats out there as was mentioned because of weather.
I often thought that my second craft would be a Zodiac where accessible beach launching in those areas would allow fishing. It would be fun to access and fish those areas.
Presently I even hate the risk of leaving Sooke and head out to Sheringham due to sudden changes.

B Gibb

Back