JDF Derby

Brace yourselves boys...looks like we're in for a rough ride.

Forecast:
Small craft warning in effect.
Winds westerly 20 to 30 knots easing to westerly 15 overnight.
Winds rising to westerly 20 to 25 late Saturday afternoon. Mainly cloudy with a chance of showers.
Outlook. Strong westerly easing to light to moderate westerly.

See ya out there![8D]

been fishing in westernly winds off Race Passage before, saw huge waves due to tide changes.[:0] crazy waves. decided to fish inside Pedder bay instead going through large waves with strong currents in Race Passage [V] good luck in the derby.

So much for those winds that were predicted. The weather was great fishing, not so good. Fished Sheringham and caught 1 10 pound spring from 4;30 am to 4;30 pm. Things should go better tomorrow.

Thanks maddog yes we placed paul,trev my father and myself got 2nd place just like last year won the boat,motor,trailer package almost de ju vue we were the first fish weighed in both times and just like last year another boat and my good friend from trotac (paul) reeled it in as the rule on my boat is he reels in the first fish always.

There wasnt alot of fish I think it was a 119 fish for the whole derby for over 700 entrants but nice weather for both days,

ill be out again on tues, need to rest for 1 day LOL

good luck Wolf

Congrats Roy, Nice job!

We entered a 27 and 17 on Sat.
Good for 17th place and an electric downrigger.

It was quiet out there. 2 hits for these 2 fish in 18 hours of fishing. We did not even see a fish caught on Sunday.

Nice weather, good company and a few coolies made for a nice weekend though.

Tips

the winner was Darren wright owner of Island outfitters at 38.1 lbs and our was a 34.9 lber next was 33.9 there were only 6 over 30 lbs.

Wolf

Back