jargon

• Thread starter Thread starter Tanglefoot
  • Start date Start date
T

Tanglefoot

I guess when a bunch of folks become 'regulars' and 'talk' back and forth on a forum, they get to know the abbreviations, locally used place-names and words, (jargon/vernacular) to describe places, things and actions. A problem arises when casual/new subscribers come on-board; they frequently don't have the foggiest idea what the regulars are talking about. I realize that is would be difficult to get much clearer than "Pill" when referring to Pill Point but some of the acronyms/slang/abbreviations are a bit difficult. For example: What is a 'squirt'? What is an MP2? and +++more.
I guess I'd like to see our regular forum members take the time (most do) to include all who join the forum by not assuming everyone will understand the shorthand. Then again, I don't expect a lesson in 'fish talk' to accompany each post!![xx(]
Awesome knowledge posted here and I'd sure like to read (and understand) all of it.

Cheers, Tom

Good post. The one that gets me is people asking about the Inlet. Do you know how many inlets there are in BC and on the Island that have good fishing?

Ahh the grey beard days ..........sounds good , now it's the white beard days as my grandson likes to point out regularly when we are going out in the morning and he is more interested in staying warm than looking for bait balls, gulls or other signs , he has lost his fascination with jellyfish finally !!

AL

Back