Infant life jackets

Brett83

What have you guys used for infant life jackets. I have a 10# baby girl. Apparently if I can find her a jacket the wife will join me at Ambleside.

We used the stearns one from Can Tire if you can find it. It works for the short period of time it fits!

Once she’s outta that size she’ll be putting sparkle stickers all over your boat…windows, floors, throttle, your toes, coffee cup….yes I had to do lots of sticker removal yesterday. Worth it!

My girl has been wearing the salus one from 6 months to 18 months. Can probably get another summer out of it. Poco marine has them for $69 on their website but I think it was $60 in store

Attachments

• EB24903D-413A-4C6B-87B3-7E7913F77B60.jpeg
    EB24903D-413A-4C6B-87B3-7E7913F77B60.jpeg
    724.8 KB · Views: 21
  • 96313251-5F43-45D8-BB24-DC416AE79C98.jpeg
    96313251-5F43-45D8-BB24-DC416AE79C98.jpeg
    328.6 KB · Views: 21
I've got a nice infants life jacket here in Maple Ridge you can borrow if you can't find one in time. I'll be in N.Van Thurs early evening.

IMG00592-20110828-1809.jpg

I took swimming lessons with my kids, blow in their face and then dunk them in the water, they did some first aid with us as well like what to do if their choking, signs to look out for ect..

Also what was eye opening is we did one class totally in the deep end of the diving pool (smaller pooler was evacuated for a code brown), Parents and kid in life jackets, one of the dad's was to manly said he did not need a life jacket lasted 5 mins before he swam with his kid to the side of the pool and grabbed one. 30 mins class in the water not touching the bottom, not easy

Think i did it tho with my kid when he was a bit older 18 months i think.

I took swimming lessons with my kids, blow in their face and then dunk them in the water, they did some first aid with us as well like what to do if their choking, signs to look out for ect..

Also what was eye opening is we did one class totally in the deep end of the diving pool (smaller pooler was evacuated for a code brown), Parents and kid in life jackets, one of the dad's was to manly said he did not need a life jacket lasted 5 mins before he swam with his kid to the side of the pool and grabbed one. 30 mins class in the water not touching the bottom, not easy

Think i did it tho with my kid when he was a bit older 18 months i think.
Very Good Point !! I see boats all the time where the kids are all in lifejackets/PFD but the parents arent. What happens when the parent falls in ? With the comfort and simplicity of todays inflatables, No One should be "too Cool" to wear one.

CR Greg

Back