Hull Repairs

rigg dogg

I am planning on getting some work done to the hull of my older Grady; I was thinking maybe somebody on the forum would have some ideas and info as to where I could get it done. I tried Brant Marine in Van but sounds like they are to busy. Has anyone heard what kind of work Pacific Oceaneering in Nanaimo does. Their website is under repair so I couldn't get any info from it.
I would like to have a thorough hull inspection done , I am reasonably sure it is sound. But I would fell better seeing it on paper.
I bought the boat from a friend who had some transom work done to it and he assured me the rest of the hull was in good shape.
The boat originally had a self draining deck, but when the inboards were yanked and a pod installed they did not install the deck drains. A few other things like new bottom paint, removing the old engine cover and installing a deck lid, some aluminum welding. Would also like to have the bottom of the pod matched up to the hull better.
Any info anyone has would be greatly appreciated

I've had work done by R & R Boat Refit and Repair in Port Alberni on my boat, and have seen how they had repaired another boat that had fallen off a trailer. I am very impressed with their work, and can recommend them without qualification.

The work that I had done on my boat was to repair some chips and dings on the chine, repair the gelcoat, fill in a couple of holes, paint the bottom and polish the boat.

I copied the following information from the Port ALberni Chamber of Commerce web page.

R & R Boat Refit & Repair Ltd. Last Update 2008/1/2 11:18
Category Marine Services
Contact Randy Langille
Postal Code V9Y 7B2
Address 3620 3rd Avenue , Port Alberni , BC
Phone: 723-6474 Fax: 723-4859
Description

Boat refit and repair structural and cosmetic as well as
boat cabinets and interior design

Back