Howe Sound

W

waddy

Anyone been fishing at the Mouth of the Cap, Pink Hotel, Hole in the Wall, or around Bowen Island lately?? I'm going out there on saturday adn just wanted to know which areas to fish... (oh by the way im going for spring)

thnx, and tight lines, waddy

quote:Originally posted by waddy

Anyone been fishing at the Mouth of the Cap, Pink Hotel, Hole in the Wall, or around Bowen Island lately?? I'm going out there on saturday adn just wanted to know which areas to fish... (oh by the way im going for spring)

thnx, and tight lines, waddy

No significant biting Cohoes off West Van over the last 3 days. Don't bother fishing West Van unless you're within 2 hours of the high...otherwise...Pt. Grey to the T-10 is where to be.

Don't waste your time around Bowen---you'll be fishing for feeders.
Don't even BOTHER with Howe Sound, lots is closed. All the Sewell's Charters are doing the North Arm to Sandheads jaunt..hooking Socks and Springs. That's where I'd focus.

Do you know how to roll 'Chovies? If you don't...learn how...QUICKLY.

That's what you need to know.

80 feet is as deep as you should be fishing.

Tight lines.

quote:Originally posted by fishin_magician

Do you know how to roll 'Chovies? If you don't...learn how...QUICKLY.
yes i do know and also, the T-10, is that the Q-A? or Q-b??

Code:
 [i]"...the T-10, is that the Q-A? or Q-b??"[/i]

Niether. It's around Pt Grey, down in front of the airport.

Guess I need to give in and try bait again.... haven't really used it for more than 10 years, but I constantly hear the 'chovies are the best.

When you say "roll", are you referring to using a teaser head?

Is that all you can use for bait or is there other bait or lures to use.

I hear that 'chovies are best, but many have to settle for herring as it seems there is less of the "preferred" bait out there.

As for lures, there are many..... coyote spoons of different colors, purple haze hootchies.... etc.... I changed to lures from bait a decade ago due to doggies and the more consistent action of lures. Plus, bait costs more in the long run! ;)

Back