How do I release fresh water pipe from fitting?

Fasty

I have to replace a short length of pipe that melted due to a short. How do I get these marine plumbing fittings to release? And what is the name of this stuff? (It’s looks like a marine version of Pex)

Ty
Fasty

Attachments

• 12E1595A-94BA-4D2F-BF35-02F7E4C29FAF.jpeg
    12E1595A-94BA-4D2F-BF35-02F7E4C29FAF.jpeg
    237 KB · Views: 130
  • BA0BC7A6-3620-4FBC-8F45-F9F979F5649E.jpeg
    BA0BC7A6-3620-4FBC-8F45-F9F979F5649E.jpeg
    225.4 KB · Views: 127
just undo the garden hose fittings on either end and toss that abortion as far as you can. I would recommend using marine parts to fashion a new hose .

I have to replace a short length of pipe that melted due to a short. How do I get these marine plumbing fittings to release? And what is the name of this stuff? (It’s looks like a marine version of Pex)

Ty
Fasty
Looks like WX plumbing fittings. If they are, you should be able to pull back the collar of the fitting and pull the tube out while the collar of the fitting is retracted. Same kind of stuff they use on reverse osmosis stuff etc.

It is pex and you can buy the fittings at any RV store. They release similar to Sharkbite's as Chasin Dreams mentioned. Other than the problem you had, nothing wrong with using pex - it's polyethylene. If you don't like plastic fittings, spend more money and use the Sharkbites. Too easy! To prevent chafing at bulkheads, drill a larger hole, then use wire loom.

I would stay away from that plastic (pex) fitting , same as RV stuff only good for 40psi I think, have had many leaks in travel trailers with those fittings, use marine water hose with double hose clamps, better imo. Also lol might want review your wires on your boat lucky you did not burn the boat down, just saying

I would stay away from that plastic (pex) fitting , same as RV stuff only good for 40psi I think, have had many leaks in travel trailers with those fittings, use marine water hose with double hose clamps, better imo. Also lol might want review your wires on your boat lucky you did not burn the boat down, just saying
Pex fittings are rated to 160 psi I think but these fitting are definitely different then standard pex or shark bite

Pex fittings are rated to 160 psi I think but these fitting are definitely different then standard pex or shark bite
Yup the pipes are but definitely not those fittings, those are RV fittings, good when you have a water pressure regulator. All I am saying is no way I would use those on my boat lol

Yup the pipes are but definitely not those fittings, those are RV fittings, good when you have a water pressure regulator. All I am saying is no way I would use those on my boat lol
Any water system: boat, RV, or domestic, should have a pressure regulator. Street pressure can be well over 100 psi. All you want is 40 to 50 psi for adequate and safe operation. In any case, do not leave your vessel while it's connected to city water.

I appreciate all your comments and your honesty. I left it as is until now… with fishing closed, I’ll have some time. Man these boats are a lot of work.

Back