Hourston 26 rebuild

Question, as I have the 23 and always wondered about how best to use the extra space in the 26. There seem to be 2 schools of thought.

1. Use the same cabin as the 23 and put all the extra space in the cockpit.
2. Keep the cockpit the same as the 23 and put all the extra space in the cabin.

I cruise, so I'd go for #2, and have a standup head & [maybe] shower, and a forward facing seat option for the first mate.

What did you decide?

Question, as I have the 23 and always wondered about how best to use the extra space in the 26. There seem to be 2 schools of thought.

1. Use the same cabin as the 23 and put all the extra space in the cockpit.
2. Keep the cockpit the same as the 23 and put all the extra space in the cabin.

I cruise, so I'd go for #2, and have a standup head & [maybe] shower, and a forward facing seat option for the first mate.

What did you decide?
The previous owner had the decision made for me!
Which was the #2. I think it's the better option the cockpit is huge and the cabin is large.
I haven't had the chance to fish out of it yet but I don't think cockpit space is going to be an issue

The previous owner had the decision made for me!
Which was the #2. I think it's the better option the cockpit is huge and the cabin is large.
I haven't had the chance to fish out of it yet but I don't think cockpit space is going to be an issue
My 23 cockpit - with the inboard - is fine for a few adults or adults and kids. Yours should be plenty roomy with a pod and outboard. I strongly recommend a canvas dodger to keep sun and rain off you in the cockpit, and rain out of the cabin. We often have the door wide open, even in the rain. I have a slope canvas for rainy nights and storing the boat - keeps everything dry and clean.

Did I miss info on the interior layout, or can you show or tell us?

My 23 cockpit - with the inboard - is fine for a few adults or adults and kids. Yours should be plenty roomy with a pod and outboard. I strongly recommend a canvas dodger to keep sun and rain off you in the cockpit, and rain out of the cabin. We often have the door wide open, even in the rain. I have a slope canvas for rainy nights and storing the boat - keeps everything dry and clean.

Did I miss info on the interior layout, or can you show or tell us?
Interior has 2 captain chairs up front starboard side behind the captain's chair is a counter with storage underneath. Plan for a stove in there eventually. Port side has a table behind the captains chair. Plan is to make the captains chair swivel and slide so the table is usable front and back . Back of the cabin on the Port has a bench seated at the table with cooler storage underneath

I'll attach the pics I have.

Attachments

• IMG_1943.jpg
    IMG_1943.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_9326.jpg
    IMG_9326.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_9327.jpg
    IMG_9327.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_9181.jpg
    IMG_9181.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_9330.jpg
    IMG_9330.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 110
I have a rear window for a hourston in my shed, looks like you need one.
Located near sidney, yours for the taking
I would gladly take you up on a rear window!
I am most definately in need of a couple!
Sidney is quite a ways from here I'm on the north island.

what kind of headroom do you see in the cabin on these 23/26’s

Back