horse lake help

Hookin'up

I'm gonna take a small break from the salt and return to where I started... in fresh water.
2nd week of july I'm taking the family up to Horse lake near 100mile for a few days,
we will be staying at the Bonanza resort and wondering if anyone can give me some pointers on fishing the lake,
I will be dragging some spinning rods and a couple fly rods with me, I do still have all my belly boat stuff as well.
and will also have 1 of their 14' tinny's for the family stuff, looking to do some trolling mainly and maybe some fly for those "alone" times
anyway looking for some tips and areas close to the Bonanza to fish , have never fished this particlar lake, and its been a verrrry long time since I have fished anything freshwater so anyhelp would be great
Tim

Been there many times, if you want to fish for Kokanee take some lead line or a lake downrigger. The rainbows this year will still be shallow, I use a micro leech on sinking line a long way back and do quite well. good luck

great thanks for that, so no wedding bands and willow leafs then (thats all we seemed to use back in the days of old)

great thanks for that, so no wedding bands and willow leafs then (thats all we seemed to use back in the days of old)

That still works too, and you can try a small black sparkle Kwikfish with 2 ounces of slip sinker weight 20 feet above with 100 feet of line out.

Back