Hornby Island area fishing

TenMile

Hi all,

We are meeting some friends at Hornby in a couple of weeks. I've never fished the area. Any general tips on productive areas so we can get a couple of fish on the BBQ?

Try the South side of Hornby from Heron Rocks to the entrance of Tribune Bay. Watch your charts and sounder as there are shallow spots seemingly far from shore! There will be lots of boats there so it's hard to miss where the fishing areas are. The NE side of Flora Islet can also produce! This spot is know to be residence for enormous Six-Gill Sharks! Good luck

Oppi

Try the South side of Hornby from Heron Rocks to the entrance of Tribune Bay. Watch your charts and sounder as there are shallow spots seemingly far from shore! There will be lots of boats there so it's hard to miss where the fishing areas are. The NE side of Flora Islet can also produce! This spot is know to be residence for enormous Six-Gill Sharks! Good luck

Oppi

Beleive it or not... but you're actually safer from seals when you are in a new area! The seals don't know you and your boat! They actually target certain boats based on their experience! It's not a "myth" that guides seem more plagued by seals than us regular fishing "mortals"! The buggers know who's good at hooking up! Hmm... I guess that why they don't follow ME! [:p]

Oppi

Beleive it or not... but you're actually safer from seals when you are in a new area! The seals don't know you and your boat! They actually target certain boats based on their experience! It's not a "myth" that guides seem more plagued by seals than us regular fishing "mortals"! The buggers know who's good at hooking up! Hmm... I guess that why they don't follow ME! [:p]

Oppi

Back