hooks

It has alway baffled me that you can fish with two trebble hooks on a rig as long as they are barbless. I would think it would make much more sense to get rid of the trebles and bring back the barbs if you are interested in making it more difficult for people to catch fish. I agree with saltspringer (even though he is kind of rude) get your fish and get off the water. The more fish you hook the higher probably it is your going to kill the fish you release. I personally would make everyone keep all the fish you catch no matter the size and once you hit the limit your done.

all hooks should be single barbless hooks. you do not need a treble hook unless you are a meat fisherman. fishing is a sport and should be treated like one. what chance does a fish have when 3 hooks are stuck in its mouth? single barbless hooks separate real sportsmen from those who must kill everything they hook

I never thought about the fact that trebles might actually do LESS damage. I just assumed that they must do more damage since there are three hooks.

However, last month at Ukee I started to wonder. We were running 5/0 and 6/0 Gamakatsu hooks and they were making a mess of all the shakers. Great hooks for a 40 lber, but they really mess up the little guys.

There may actually be some truth to the fact that treble hooks might actually do less damage to fish than the big singles...

each 2 there own , i get very few bleeders with a small treble, as i only use 1 hook , also better action on bait . i only use them on anchovies . i also over the years see that trebles do less damage 2 fish . tight lines scotty

Back