Hook Files

Just wondering if anyone has a trick that helps keep hook files from rusting up on the boat... Currently i use a Holdzit & it works alright...just wondering if anyone has a good trick that they are willing to share ? :)
Try this stuff in your Holdzit; a product called Corrosion-X; https://www.corrosionx.com/products/corrosionx?variant=30930717966432. It is like magic. It works great at preventing corrosion and desolving it. Don't need much at all. I wipe everything metal exposed to the elements and it absolutely prevents corrosion. We've had files in our Holdzits for over 5 years that look brand new. I use it during reel maintanence too wiping everything down and a little drop on bearings. They also make a product called Reel-X that is specifically designed for bearings, while it also is an excellent product, regular Corrosion-X seems to work almost as well for everything. One drop on the end threads of a frozen lug nut, 10 minutes later you can literally spin the nut off. The stuff really is magic.
jc

Best thing I have found is a diamond steel there a little big and expensive but never wear out only trick is to pull the top cap off and put lots of silicon inside and put cap back on so water can't get inside the tube or it will rust from inside out have been using the same one for 20 years superior sharpening to a stone

Back