3273054926_5abc288f25.jpg

3273054940_6f8a14c9ce.jpg

3273054946_93026a3ce5.jpg

3273054958_a93ae497f4.jpg

3273054960_6bcc653f82.jpg

3273057888_e1848a3c5d.jpg

Take only what you need.

quote:Originally posted by The Fish Assassin

quote:Of course I guess it depends on the boat and if you like having your huevos pushed up into your throat or not.

Ya there was no beer drinkin on that run! There was another boat running up at the same time as me, he was more slow and steady, I was fast and furious. I've had my Whaler topped out at about 67 mph. Just to see what it could do. Only place for that though was in the Canal, or on Nanaimo side. Theres no way you could top it out in the swells. Although I enjoyed the short trips back from Big Bank. I ran from Port Alberni to Nanaimo one day, we stopped at swiftsure loaded up on springs/coho and halibut, then went into Port Renfrew and loaded up on crabs. Then ran to Sidney where we had dinner and took on a little more fuel, then ran from sidney to Nanaimo. You should have seen the looks on peoples faces at schooner cove when we brought the fish up to the cleaning table:D It was almost as good as showing up in UKI with 2 Tuna in my fish box...

Take only what you need.

Whaler doing 67 MPH? What model? with twin 225's ? That's one quick Whaler...

Agree with Magician on this one..67 mph in a whaler, never have seen that, we had a lodge 26 footer with twin 225 opti,s and all she would do is 53mph. That is one unbelievably fast boat. What is the quickest Whaler you have seen FM?

255 conquest

I should note max hp for this boat is 400 hp

Take only what you need.

67 is true guys, just ask any of the trophy's I passed while they were doing 50!I would fly up behind them, jump their wake then right after I jump their wake I would punch it and go by them at 65+. One derby this scenario happened and it turned out it was a shaw cable installer who had just bought his trophy and he was out with the boys showing off hie new boat and all, they where passing boats left and right on their way up the canal, then all of a sudden I came up on them and jumped their wake roared on by and the guy apparently got ribbed by his buddies all trip after that! It was kind of funny cause this guy just randomly started telling this story to my buddy, when my buddy said, ya I was on the boat that passed you guys..lol They both had a chuckle that it is indeed a small world.

I should note it is the fastest hull in it's size. Take a look at all the other hull speeds for that type of boat, cc walkaround/ fishing machine. You will see that that whaler (conquest) hull is incredibly fast compared to all the other brands. Faster than grady, faster the strypers, faster than just about anything!

The 4th picture in the set is of a grady white w/ duel 225's I passed going around Oak Bay I passed him on the outside, he was probly the fastest I went up against.lol I bet he was doing 55-60.

quote:the chine walk at that speed in that boat would scare the crap out of ya

No she ran fast and true. Never felt "scared" even when I cracked it open. I never did too much though, as the boat would take 10x as much of a pounding as I ever could. Most of the time when I ran offshore I found that the hull design actually limited my speed going against the swells. I could never find the perfect speed for running out there. I was either not planing or I was going to fast and jumped off the tops of the swells. There was no perfect speed to run out there and not pound your butt off.

Take only what you need.

Tell me FA-- what does a log look like coming at you at 60mph?? [8D]

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

Hmm, still never have seen a Whaler going almost 70 mph, need to put a gps on one and see for myself...I have been in and guided almost every model of Boston Whaler including the 27,s 29,s, and years in the 25,s , fastest we ever got was 58 mph, flat calm trimmed out. Must have been a legend of a boat, thats quick!

Ran a couple 25 whalers up north with 225 opti's no way close to 60+ but hey i've never seen a trophy do 50 either.

Have to call bs sooke to reny in 35 .

=

Let me do some calcs here. If a boat averaged 67 mph how long would it take to run 40 miles:

40 miles/67 mph = .597 hours
.597 hours * 60 = 35.82 minutes
.82 minutes * 60 = 49.2 seconds

So, if a boat was to run 40 miles at 67 mph it would take 35 minutes 49.2 seconds to complete the run. Not saying it did or din't happen, but Hmmmm... that would be the math!

So many doubters. I believe you FA, even if my whaler only does 22 mph. Of course it's only got a 15 hp on it. According to my math it would go 220mph with a 150hp. Might not be safe at 11'4" but it would be fast until it started doing backflips and cartwheels shortly after takeoff. It still wouldn't sink though:)

So do you think I could get insurance to guide in this thing? Being over powered by 15%?

Not sure how far it is, but I did Port Alberni to Bamfield. In 35 mins. I didn't have it pinned the whole way mind you.

A log coming at you that fast is a real scare. You never took your eyes away and also had a co-pilot who also looked out. Fortunately the only one I hit was when I first got the boat and was trolling around in the Canal. I was busy playing with my lowrance combo unit, setting the display up and stuff. I guess I kind of got carried away with it, because before you knew it I saw something light colored out of my peripheral vision. I looked up and realized I was trolling right into a stationary log boom! I quickly put it in natural and then reverse and as the boat slowed and just before it changed into reverse we felt just he slightest little bump. Didn't even break the gel coat. But there was this guy trolling around behind us in a little aluminum that thought it was funny as hell. We quickly brought up our gear and got outta there. I don't know who rigged that boat but it was bought from a dealer. I was in a Larson that did 73 mph that thing was way scarier then that Whaler was.

3275630581_e0bc5541eb.jpg

Pictures just don't do it justice.

3273057894_1f552a5117.jpg

You can still see our wake way back at Beechy Head.[:p]

3275630583_9f65906f7d.jpg

You think 67 is fast?

Take only what you need.

quote:Originally posted by The Fish Assassin

quote:It still wouldn't sink though

Thats the great thing about Whalers!

But they will Capsize!!! = [xx(]

BTW... if you check the owners manual for a 2005 through 2009 Conquest you'll see the maximum horsepower is 450</u>! I don't know what year yours is, but it doesn't sound overpowered based on the current specs!

3276294229_6ea3d35efc.jpg

Clearly this is rated for 400 HP, no more.

Not to mention, the weight of the engines made the drains for the deck be underwater!

Take only what you need.

Back