Help with stuck prop

Hey I've got a volvo I/o duo prop and I'm having a tough time removing the front prop. The previous owner obviously didn't remove it twice a year like they recommend . So at the end of last year I took the leg off and dropped it off at a local north saanich boat shop to have them remove the prop and service the leg but he apparently couldn't . The last few days I've been trying to build my own puller but I'm not having much luck either. So now I'm looking for some help again. Do u guys know anyone around Vic that can get this thing off for me? And if it has to be cut off is there a decent prop shop around here? Thanks for the help.

Pull seized volvo dp props off regularly!! We have a couple makeshift pullers but if they don't work we remove the whole propshaft from the drive and put it in a hydraulic press.50/50 chance of ruining the prop and hub.

TRY Don at west isle marine if its on that tight(siezed)expect the worse as he may have to torch it off and you will need new hubs , ALSO you should be using the blue spline grease its made just for what its intended merc/volvo closest to all the same I use merc stuff as i had a full tube from my merc days
and I know he has a press
fingers crossed for ya

Wolf

Tilt it up and pour this stuff all over it...... It destroys salt and rust destroyed metals. http://www.kanolabs.com

If you can't locate some let me know and we can try to get some your way. I had my parents bring me 4 cans last year.... :) It is great at penetrating oil but sucks as a lubricant. Might order the lubricant next year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey thanks guys ,.I will call don and see if he can do it. I appreciate the offer FA but at his point I'm ready to just drop it off somewhere and get it done . Not trying to bash the last guys that tried but I felt like I paid an apprentice 4 hours labour to spray it with wd/40. It probably would have been cheaper to just cut it off from the start haha.

Back