Heater for my boat

Skipping Out

I just purchased a Mr. Heater Little Buddy mini heater for my boat, it is powered by small disposable propane bottles, and shuts off if it falls over. I have an Campion 188 with a normal rag top, no back door or drops, so heat will escape.
has anyone tried these, or any other suggestions for heat? I know alot of the heat will disappear out the back but thought I would give it a try. keep the driver and front a bit warmer? Thoughts?

I use a big buddy in my 18' with canvass top, works well usually runs on medium and fish all winter only wearing hoody. I bought a filter and hose to hook it up to a 5lb mini tank. way cheaper than disposable bottles and you can run it on high if needed all day

I also have one and just put it in front on the cuddy door. Works great, but I do have a enclosed cabin.

Big Buddy puts out enough heat to take the chill off and keep the cabin comfortable on low setting. I fill the 1 pound bottles from a 20 pound tank which brings the cost down to less than $1 each. I keep about 10 bottles around and rotate through them.

I use a big buddy in my 18' with canvass top, works well usually runs on medium and fish all winter only wearing hoody. I bought a filter and hose to hook it up to a 5lb mini tank. way cheaper than disposable bottles and you can run it on high if needed all day
is it easy to hook up to the heater? can you buy a hose at Cdn tire or somewhere so I don't have to use refilables?

Big Buddy puts out enough heat to take the chill off and keep the cabin comfortable on low setting. I fill the 1 pound bottles from a 20 pound tank which brings the cost down to less than $1 each. I keep about 10 bottles around and rotate through them.
how do you refill the throwaway bottles?

For about $20 you can buy the brass fittings to mate the two cylinders together. You put the 1 pound bottles in the freezer, then attach it to the 20 pound bottle, flip the 20 pound bottle upside down and open the valve. When you don't hear anymore transfer noise, close the valve. You will get it anywhere from 50% to 70% full by weight. I carry 3 bottles in the boat, with a new full bottle will get 5-6 hours use on low setting...with the refills I will go through 2 in the same time but I figure it costs me $1.50 instead of over $5.00.

There are videos on youtube showing you as well. I searched it when the prices kept creeping up and sure enough found a way to do it.

I do the same

we use the buddy in the cuddy as well. but just bought the refillable 5lb tank and had the hose from camping. we just get it filled from the gas station when filling up the boat.

It'll fog up your windows pretty good. Mine fog up for about the first half hour then it kind of settles down and goes away

Back