Has Anybody heard of this Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bag-Juan

In my search for a lower unit for my 1999- Suzuki - 115 -2 stroke , I came across an outfit out of Burnaby called Best Choice Marine. They had an ad on Craigslist advertising lower units and outdrives, parts and what not new and used. I e-mailed what I was looking for, he called me saying he could get it new out of the states for half the price I was quoted locally. He wanted me to deposit the money in his bank account then he would order it. I quized him up a bit and found out he does not have a shop or takes credit cards. Seems to have some sort of on line import thing happening, says he's all legit and will send me a proper invoice including H.S.T. along with a list of references many of them in business themselves. Just thought I'd see if any S.F.B.C. members had delt with him or knew any body that had. I checked a dealer in the Washington for the part and they quoted me 30% more than the local dealership here. I'm not going to go for it unless I find my own refferal. Thanks for any feed-back.

I have no experience with the guy......or the business but for me, I would steer clear and look to do the work on my own rather than pay some "importer"? The payment terms seem suspicious...you may even want to check him on the Better Business Bureau in BC for any complaints?

Just googled the business and this is what came up; owned by Dusan Kalivoda?? No website and only 5 or 6 results in a google search and nothing of any substance other than links that you click on and pop ups show up?

http://www.google.ca/search?q=Best+...gc.r_pw.&fp=eb551a1acd84fd93&biw=1280&bih=595

Google his name and he apparently owns some business called Harmony Charters out of Campbell River?

Third down on the left hand side.
http://www.1fghp.com/bcsalt.html

More info about him.

http://www.alibaba.com/member/ca100511234/contactinfo.html

Apparently he is in the printing business as well? Saw a search that had him looking for printing presses to import or something like that.

http://www.wikidomo.com/person/1019...-elite-ink/in/burnaby_british-columbia_canada

I would steer clear....but that's just me.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1989...at_Parts_Accessories_Gear&hash=item4aaf001254

$100 can't go wrong can ya? I guess shipping will increase the price but looks like your going to have to get something shipped anyways. Don't worry about the skeg it won't effect performance and any decent welder could put a new one on if you want. If not just file it down, repaint the thing and it will look ok. If the thing works that is a cheap fix to get you back on the water and then you can still try to scheme a way to upgrade your motor.

I could probably get it picked up from washington for you if it saves decent money on shipping. Just wouldn't be picked up until the end of November.

Bag-Juan:-

Based on the information you have provided about this guy and his so-called business...I would not send him a nickel.

NEVER,EVER,EVER deposit money into someone's account listed on the Net!.......EVER!.....EVER!

PayPal is a different story.......but there's no PayPal in this deal.

By the way....I have a 24ft Striper in immaculate condition. It's in Prince George right now. Just wire me the cash and I will have it shipped down to you on it's own new trailer. 3000 bucks will close the deal.
I'm a teacher and I got a new job in England....so have to let the boat go Pronto.....feel bad about such a sacrifice.....but I'm a little low on available cash flow.

Yeah, wasn't planning on depositing a nickel to him unless another forum member or two could vouch for the outfit. You never know, there is honest reputable people out there ... isn't there? Not sure if that 1989 unit will fit mine, looked pretty beat up, accually talked to the guy this morning , said he had one on e-bay. No hurry - keep looking. Thanks for the feedback guy's. Hey Jockey, why don't you take me to Renfrew for the Coho Derby, what do you say, ??

He wanted me to deposit the money in his bank account then he would order it. hahahahahahahaha! Ya RIGHT!

Saw all these bad comments so this is my experience with Best Choice Marine. I bought a Typhoon (their brand name) 360 RIB rigid hull inflatable off the guy and it's a fantastic boat! And was a grat deal! Yes they are made over seas in Asia but what isn't & had to wait a while for delivery, but I'm impressed so far. A buddy of mine also bought an OMC Cobra to alpha 1 drive conversion kit too from Best Choice Marine and everything went smoothly. They finally have a website... www.bestchoicemarine.com and per another comment they accept visa & MasterCard now too. I saved tones on my purchase vs zodiac or other domestic brands, don't be scared away by the 3 year old comments listed here! The owner Dusan Kalivoda is a funny old dude but really knows his stuff.
I will give them my business again if and when required.

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw all these bad comments so this is my experience with Best Choice Marine. I bought a Typhoon (their brand name) 360 RIB rigid hull inflatable off the guy and it's a fantastic boat! And was a grat deal! Yes they are made over seas in Asia but what isn't & had to wait a while for delivery, but I'm impressed so far. A buddy of mine also bought an OMC Cobra to alpha 1 drive conversion kit too from Best Choice Marine and everything went smoothly. They finally have a website... www.bestchoicemarine.com and per another comment they accept visa & MasterCard now too. I saved tones on my purchase vs zodiac or other domestic brands, don't be scared away by the 3 year old comments listed here! The owner Dusan Kalivoda is a funny old dude but really knows his stuff.
I will give them my business again if and when required.

Lemmee see...iBung joined yesterday and first comment is in support of Best Choice Marine. Any bets on whether iBung is really Dusan Kalivoda?

"spring time" Everyone has the option to buy from the business of their choice! If you call paying for something and receiving what you payed for a scam then I guess I was scammed. Just sharing my experience and only vouch for businesses I have actually dealt with. They do sell the same SEI sterndrives as in your link as do many others.

Two year old thread here.....back from the dead.....
Good catch, BT. Didn't even notice the date on the earlier comments!
Interestingly enough, when you do a google search on Best Choice Marine, it appears Dusan is still in business.

Bag-Juan:-

Based on the information you have provided about this guy and his so-called business...I would not send him a nickel.

NEVER,EVER,EVER deposit money into someone's account listed on the Net!.......EVER!.....EVER!

PayPal is a different story.......but there's no PayPal in this deal.

By the way....I have a 24ft Striper in immaculate condition. It's in Prince George right now. Just wire me the cash and I will have it shipped down to you on it's own new trailer. 3000 bucks will close the deal.
I'm a teacher and I got a new job in England....so have to let the boat go Pronto.....feel bad about such a sacrifice.....but I'm a little low on available cash flow.

Pffft. That seems like an ok deal. I'd take you up on it, but I've been busy helping this nice Nigerian fellow get his money out of his country. It seems he's had a bad run of luck. Anyhoo, he's going to make it well worth my while to help him!

Oh Geeze! Another not checking the post dates.
Sorry for bringing this one back from the dead (2011)
Didn't expect this much enthusiasm over 3 year old speculation!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back