harbercraft kingfisher 2425

• Thread starter Thread starter kitimat
  • Start date Start date
K

kitimat

Hello, I have ordered a new 2425{delivery in august} and have some questions on electronics installation and canvas. My boat will have the radar arch/rod holders. I would like to mount vhf and gps antennas on the radar arch, does anyone have ideas on the best way to accomplish this. I would like to install a camperback canvas for more sleeping room and to stay dry while fishing,is it better to get built locally or does someone make them already.I would appreciate any ideas or help on these subjects. I would like to hear anything about the 2425 good or bad. Thank you

Hey Kitimat not sure if i've chatted with you before about the 2425. I own a 2003 2425 pushed with the 225 merc. When I installed the gps antenna on mine the manufactuer suggested not mounting the antenna anywhere near the radar. For fear of interference however if your not planning on ever putting in a radar it's a good place.If your planning on running an 8 or 10ft vhf antenna you had better mount it on the side. I mounted mine on the captains side for easy raising and lowering.

thanks Beak, I am not planning on a radar system. I thought the radar arch might be a good place for a shorter antenna. I really hate drilling holes in a boat, I thought maybe I could getaway with one hole for both antennes.My last boat had the antenna in the same place as yours, it worked well. I have done very little instalation of electronics and I dont want to screw it up.
Thanks for the info

The only thing I can offer is that they are one of my favourite boats. Lots of room and just a real nice layout. There is one at Cheanuh that I walk over and drool on every once in awhile. Just looks like it would be a great fishing platform.

Back