Great Fishing Stories...

L

littlejoe

Hi all hey just got the taste for fishing in the last couple of years and am truly hooked. I now have the boys involved and can we say awsome.
In anycase I would really like to read about your old stories what ever they might be about good bad nightmare or funny. Anything who knows maybe one of them may end up in a local paper one day. Who knows?

Cheers and look forward to the stories I hope.

A few years ago I used to live in Florida. I used to fish there quite a bit from shore as there were so many different species of fish to catch. Anyway one day my brother flew down from Toronto for a few days and I took him fishing in a mangrove just outside of Jupiter Florida. We were trying to catch sea trout, the whole time I am telling him that these saltwater variety fight harder than the ones he was used to back home. About 5 minutes after telling him this he hooks up a small trout and it darts out into the open water. Sure enough a tarpon pounced on it and ran screaming out into deeper water. The line held for maybe 10 seconds before it snapped, and the fish was gone in a big swirl. I turned to talk to my brother who was shaking and all pale, before I could say anything he blurted out, "bro you ain't kidding, these trout are mean bastards". He had not seen the tarpon take his fish, he had only seen the little trout hit his spoon. To this day I have never told him the truth.:D

Back