grease on my hull - any suggestions

Rum Buddies

I just got a boat hauled up from the east coast and during transport I got some nasty grease(?) stains on the hull. I have tried cleaning them off and I can get most of it off, but there is still an off color stain where the grease was - any idea on how to clean this?

This is probably obvious ,but, have you tried soaking it in FSR ?

This is probably obvious ,but, have you tried soaking it in FSR ?

I got some wheel bearing grease on my hull and of course I got to busy to clean it off.It was on there for quite awhile and when I went to clean it off it left a stain,I tried black streak remover #364135 from west marine and it came right off.Hope that helps. DAN

I got some wheel bearing grease on my hull and of course I got to busy to clean it off.It was on there for quite awhile and when I went to clean it off it left a stain,I tried black streak remover #364135 from west marine and it came right off.Hope that helps. DAN

'Silicone Polish Remover' made by Tumbler. It removes waxes,polishes
Tar,grease and Buildup.Use it only where you need to. It is used by Bodymen,Painters and mechanics all the time.Available at Auto supply stores.[8D] If that don't work 'Vanisol' toilet bowl cleaner will. It cleans everything on f/glass, BUT read the directions and HEED the Warnings,It is nasty[xx(]

'Silicone Polish Remover' made by Tumbler. It removes waxes,polishes
Tar,grease and Buildup.Use it only where you need to. It is used by Bodymen,Painters and mechanics all the time.Available at Auto supply stores.[8D] If that don't work 'Vanisol' toilet bowl cleaner will. It cleans everything on f/glass, BUT read the directions and HEED the Warnings,It is nasty[xx(]

acetone, works great, a couple rubs with a rag and it takes out any stains and it evaporates extremely fast.. I use it to remove teak oil stains from fiberglass, amazing results..

acetone, works great, a couple rubs with a rag and it takes out any stains and it evaporates extremely fast.. I use it to remove teak oil stains from fiberglass, amazing results..

Our local boat ramp is inside the marina and quite often there is a lot of oil, grease, and gunge collected at the ramp area. I remember using 3M Sharpshooter to remove grease stains my hull and since then I have used 3M Marine fibreglass cleaner and wax # 09009. I found that after I waxed my boat with this product, that cleanup was as easy as just using the hose with a spray nozzle on it. It lasted about a two seasons. But it keeps oil and algae from sticking to the hull. So now I have a winter project I do my hull in about 6 hours spread over a week or two.
The 09009 is available at Canadian Tire, but the sharpshooter I got from our 3M rep

Here is a link to their marine catalog

http://multimedia.mmm.com/mws/mediawebserver.dyn?6666660Zjcf6lVs6EVs66SGLACOrrrrQ-

Our local boat ramp is inside the marina and quite often there is a lot of oil, grease, and gunge collected at the ramp area. I remember using 3M Sharpshooter to remove grease stains my hull and since then I have used 3M Marine fibreglass cleaner and wax # 09009. I found that after I waxed my boat with this product, that cleanup was as easy as just using the hose with a spray nozzle on it. It lasted about a two seasons. But it keeps oil and algae from sticking to the hull. So now I have a winter project I do my hull in about 6 hours spread over a week or two.
The 09009 is available at Canadian Tire, but the sharpshooter I got from our 3M rep

Here is a link to their marine catalog

http://multimedia.mmm.com/mws/mediawebserver.dyn?6666660Zjcf6lVs6EVs66SGLACOrrrrQ-

green clean is good I use it to clean grease and oil off stuff

spray on rinse off after a few mins -test it in an inconspicious spot first

Back