good fiberglass seal???

• Thread starter Thread starter scottyboy
  • Start date Start date
S

scottyboy

i was wondering if anyone has come across a good sealer for fiberglass. it just drives me nuts when i get my boat all cleaned up lookin fine then 1 trip it looks like s+!^even after a good wash and scrub . i wax it and my boat just eats it up . am i doing something wrong??? really hate rubbin lol any really good products out there???scottyboy

After I painted my hull last year, I bought an inexpensive electric buffer at Princess Auto to apply the three step products that work so well on my truck. It's actually kinda funny how many times people ask about the paint on my truck.

The key ingrediant for all products that are any good is carnauba wax. The last of the three steps is the application of carnauba wax, and it really works. This year I'll just give it another hit of wax.

The damn paint is still very slick and shines. Nothing wants to stick to it. I over-filled the gas tank just the other day, and the gas (50 to 1 mix) that came out the vent refused to stick to the paint.

I use the Mothers car wash soap becuase it's not supposed to remove the wax and it doesn't.

The buffer makes doing both my truck and my boat a very easy job. I go to the gym for a work out now. Doing the wax all by hand is a royal pain!

And look what I found: Mothers just came out with Marine products. Maybe you should try some of these; I know I will.

http://www.mothers.com/marine/

I'll use the stuff I have now on the truck and get the new stuff for the boat. See how easy it was to explain the need to spend more money on my toy. [8D]

Hope this helps.

After I painted my hull last year, I bought an inexpensive electric buffer at Princess Auto to apply the three step products that work so well on my truck. It's actually kinda funny how many times people ask about the paint on my truck.

The key ingrediant for all products that are any good is carnauba wax. The last of the three steps is the application of carnauba wax, and it really works. This year I'll just give it another hit of wax.

The damn paint is still very slick and shines. Nothing wants to stick to it. I over-filled the gas tank just the other day, and the gas (50 to 1 mix) that came out the vent refused to stick to the paint.

I use the Mothers car wash soap becuase it's not supposed to remove the wax and it doesn't.

The buffer makes doing both my truck and my boat a very easy job. I go to the gym for a work out now. Doing the wax all by hand is a royal pain!

And look what I found: Mothers just came out with Marine products. Maybe you should try some of these; I know I will.

http://www.mothers.com/marine/

I'll use the stuff I have now on the truck and get the new stuff for the boat. See how easy it was to explain the need to spend more money on my toy. [8D]

Hope this helps.

Back