Good deal on VHF

jeffywestcoast

I picked up a fixed mount uniden solara D fixed mount VHF with antenna and mount for 149.99 for full VHF setup! Harb Chan in Nanaimoimage.jpg

That is a good deal Jeff. It looks good there. You can see the screen easily and the mic is quick and easy to grab. I like the dual head units on the dash too:cool:.

Just tinkering.. I actually just went in there for a couple jigs but couldn't pass up that deal, i paid 140 for the handheld uniden. Still good for back-up or listening on different channel. After soldering up the antenna i was pickin up port Angeles in the driveway.

What did you choose for an antenna? I just picked up the standard horizon 1200 for 79.99 on sale at trotac. Id like to go with the 3 1/2 stainless whip but book suggest 8ft fiberglass. I run a little handlheld uniden as well. You might want to test it out. Its good for listening but other people cant seem to hear me, which is what we really want it for.

that is why i went with the fixed mount, can transmitt at 25 watts if need be, the antenna that came with the package deal was a Shakespeare 8 foot fiberglass. and it also came with the tilt down mount, it is all installed on boat, took about 1.5 hrs with soldering and sikoflex-ing

Back