Goalie for sale

Jahfreddy

Goalie for sale.

In used but serviceable condition. Has the potential to be incredible, but heart and determination need some work.

Willing to trade for a fishing charter, some gear, a spool of twisted, knotted line, or WHY. Will throw in a pair of twin helpers, but don't expect anything more than average performance.

Price is hard to determine, make an offer.

Located in Vancouver .... for the moment.

YMMV.

Yup, time to get rid of him and get some up front scoring. Cory can be a francise goalie if they let him, but if we keep relying on Lou, then Cory will be gone and we will be left with an over paid, under achieving goalie.

But it was just not Lou, it was whole team effort......the first two lines were almost out scored by the oldest guy on the ice, the third did its job and the fourth could not bind as they were always switched and changed.

Maybe a time for a new coach????

Cheers

SS

If you look at effort the only one untouchable should be Keslar. Five minutes left in the game and he is the only one left trying. Sedins faded when the going got tough.

If you look at playoff stats, Boston has 15 players at +6 or better, Vancouver has 2 players Hansen and Bieksa. Can't even find the sisters anywhere...LOL

I'll consider the goalie, but does it leak? A good set of twins on the stern to move things forward is nice, but kind of a waste if the goalie leaks. I'd appreciate a full disclosure of exactly what kind of performance I can expect before putting him in hot water......

I'll consider the goalie, but does it leak? A good set of twins on the stern to move things forward is nice, but kind of a waste if the goalie leaks. I'd appreciate a full disclosure of exactly what kind of performance I can expect before putting him in hot water......

The goalie leaks heavily in hot water but is usable in a slow flow and calm water, though he still relys heavily on 2 effective bilge pumps in the stern. The twins are strictly bow mounted, providing a little directional control but minimal thrust and absolutely useless in the stern.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to wonder if we would all be so negative if the team had won 16 playoff games rather than only 15. It is also interesting to note that some pretty good teams only won 3 playoff games (e.g. Chicago). It was a great run and we should remember it fondly. I agree that the team needs to be re-worked a bit but does anyone really believe that you can gut the team and still have a chance at the Cup next year or for several years to come? As for the idea of firing the coach, I suppose we can always replace him with some defensively minded trap oriented retread coach.

Personally I loved the team and the coach notwithstanding that it was a bitter pill to swallow last night.

There has never been an instance where a team that has been shutout in a game has actually won the game. Blame Luongo if you want but even if he had of stopped all but one the team still wouldn't have won the game.

Personally I believe Thomas's incredible goal tending won them the cup.

Let's not forget that the Canucks not only won the Presidents cup but they also won 15 out of the necessary 16 games they needed in the playoffs.

Do the trade, offer Happy Gilmour and the kid from Abbotsford with Lou's stick from game 5 and set of Titlest clubs. Take the other $9,075,000.29 and get a couple guys with undauntable heart

Guys & Gals,

My post was not meant to be taken seriously, get anyone overly defensive, or start a big arguement.

I've played hockey my whole life including some Junior hockey in Ontario (so I do actually understand the game pretty well), moved to Vancouver the year prior to their '94 run, and was amazed at the reaction of the city (in a good way, not with the BS afterward).

They had a great season, an exciting playoff run, a disappointing loss yesterday which, sadly, is overshadowed (at the moment) by the a$$holes last night.

My post was meant to give everyone a chuckle, and certainly be taken with a grain of salt ...

I am disappointed as is every true Canucks fan, but I genuinely question Luongo because he is so streaky and at times, seems to deflate after a puck or two gets past him. The comment about the Sedins being akin to an Ikea punching is both funny and, unfortunately, appropriate. Yes, they had a great season, put up some good numbers in the playoffs, but just do not seem to play with the same desperation as Kesler and many others. While Burrows has a taste for fingers (with a good Chianti? ;) ), the Sedins sure do have an appetite for hockey gloves because they certainly ate a lot of them . . . ;)

Anyway, I'm not sure that we are getting what we pay for (game after game) with Luongo, and I just don't know that the Sedins have that extra playoff gear needed for success.

And yes, I think Thomas was the lynchpin to the Bruins success. He is just a damn good goalie ...

So far Jeep09 has the best offer .... next? ;)

The problems are (a) a no-trade clause in Lu's contract; (b) the term is for another 11 or 12 years; and (c) $10 million a year -- what GM in his right mind would pick Lu up??? Gillis must have been smoking BC;'s best when they re-signed Leaky Lu! MTCW

The only Swede on the team who has the good ole Canadian kid determination is Edler. He picks up his play to another level in the playoffs. Not bad for a guy found while playing 3rd teer men's league in Sweden. A Swedish Burrows. I don't know what they should do with the twins. Maybe ask them to take a pay cut so another top 6 forward can be afforded...and promise in return to let them continue playing together on the same team. I'm sure Gillis will be tossing and turning about what to do with Lou.

Here's another thought. Rather than give up on the twins, lets find a new winger to play with them who can skate and fight and maybe score the odd goal. They need some more protection than Burrows (who I really like as a gamer) can reasonably be expected to provide. Any thoughts on who might be the ideal winger. A starting place might be Milan Lucic but I am not sure we can offer the Bruins enough to pry him away.

Lou will be in his prime in another 3 years, he is still a young goalie and is pretty dam good. The sedins are great, look at their stats. Its a game someone had to lose, crappy it was van but next year.

Sorry Guys but having one bad or off game is Ok, but two really plays on the whole team and three just does not cut it for the playoffs. Lou needed to be good when the team was not and he was not. Any team who scores only 8 goals in the the cup final really needs to look at themselves and wonder what was/is missing. Sure you can say Thomas was outstanding and the puck bounced the Bruins way, but the Nucks were up 2-0 and only had to win 2 of the next 5, or up 3-2 and only had to win 1 of the next 2....and they sh*t the bed.....for a team that dominated the season, there is questions that need to be asked and answered.

Who really cares about the reg season?? If we did, then there would have been a parade (or riot) for the Pres cup award, for winning the West etc....except nobody but true die hard Nuck fans care about that......

If the Nucks loose Cory and keep Lou, then we have to wonder why we have these guys in the Moose and why we do not trade them for something worth while. Cory will be a better goalie then Lou....it just a matter of time. he does not play the head games or like to talk about himself like Bobby Lou does.

Next year will be no different......

Cheers

SS

Not sure where Sneider will end up as far as talent goes BUT the upside is great. With Lou we know what we get. He isn't going to change much. The Canuck did have a great year...no question there. Part of the problem is you build a team to win the presidents cup BUT that doesn't mean a thing except home ice advantage. If the NHL is content in having the playoffs reffed to a old school type game then that is how you have to build your team if you want to win the cup. Being a ref myself I would have thought that from game to game and series to series there would have been more consistency. Even the same officials from game to game were inconsistent. Almost like they were following a script. I have always said that too many non-canadian born players will not have the needed drive to win Lord Stanley. Also you have to have a goalie that can steal a few games for you. What Lou did on the road was unbelievable. It will cost him most of his salary to cover his shrink bill. Has to be one of the biggest melt downs that I can remember. It will be interesting for sure to see what the coming months bring.

Back