freedom boat club

I wonder If you could bring Friends on the Boats? and what if you split the membership with a friend?

whar I was told:

The fishing boats are usually quite available we will be adding 4 more to our fleet for next year. Once you are a member of our club the price is locked in for life. We have members in the US that still pay 199 a month. No rate increases ever! You are allowed to bring whoever you want including pets. Only you and your spouse or girlfriend will be insured to operate the vessels.

Also we are having a special for winter. No monthly dues till April 1st 2017.

That makes no sense what so ever as a business plan especially when you have welded aluminums in your fleet.....maybe repower every few years

...at your own risk.

Yeah makes no sense at all. Why not just buy them on 3 year leases like most business's. Seems to me like the owners are bailing. Seems sketchy for sure maybe there being forced to sell to pay off debt to stay in business. I'd defently research more before signing up.

so managed to make it down there
thanks again felex and did talk to the
folks at freedom boats. without rereading
this tbread. my apologies. .....was having
a hard time with the savings doing the
math compared to owning. now if u do
lots of traveling south of the border
this could play very well. but the one
question i had is could i trailer one of the
very easily trailerable boats and the
answer was a horrifiable nooooo...!

now this was the one achillies i felt
was working against them considering
the model and name but the only
offering these people could assure
me of was ....the expansion to other
regeons other then the immediate
coast was its coming.....

Hey Guys,

My name is Sandy Purdon I am the owner/operator of the BC franchises of Freedom Boat Club. I made this account using my real name to clarify a few key points, as it seems you guys are jumping to conclusions.

Firstly we are a boat club that is also a boat dealer. We buy our boats directly from the manufacture this allows us to get our boat at discounts. Normally we can sell our boats for exactly what we paid or even more after a year of use. It makes sense for our members as well as our business to sell our boats every first or second year.

Secondly our Reed Point location is doing extremely well. Vancouver has really embraced the sharing concept. We are in the midst of opening our SECOND location at Milltown Marina in Vancouver. We will be opening this location March 1st 2017.

Thirdly one of the few rules we have is we don't allow trailering of boats. We do this for a few reasons one of them is insurance, secondly we want to minimize damage to our vessels.

If you guys have anymore questions feel free to contact me personally at 778 995 6550. I also encourage you all to come down and check out our club.

Hrrm, whatever happened to that Milltown Vancouver location that was opening up in March of 2017? Also, I wonder how many fishing boats are available and how often once this sockeye run begins, is that today?

Back