Flashers to cannon ball?

Fishhunter?

I was told you are not allowed to attach a flasher to your cannon ball is this true. I can’t seem to find Regs on it. Fishing Prince Rupert area.

Just think carefully about placement of that dummy flasher. You want it sufficiently close to your lure that it attracts fish and triggers a bite, but not so close it tangles with the fishing line and lure. Inline flashers like Agitator that just spin on their own axis are a good choice for this application. You can drop them back 20 ft off the ball so they're closer to the lure; if you did that with a conventional flasher it would have such a large arc it would either foul the line or be too far below the lure to be meaningful.

I fish dummy flashers off the ball exclusively. No need to fight a flasher when hooked up. Scotty makes a pre-rigged dummer flasher line but it's too long. Line should be no more than 36inch at the most and run a scotty snubber to the ball. Connect your clip to the top of the snubber to get separation. Clip your line in about 12 feet back from lure....good to go. I fish down the Douglas channel so I assume the regs would be the same.

Just think carefully about placement of that dummy flasher. You want it sufficiently close to your lure that it attracts fish and triggers a bite, but not so close it tangles with the fishing line and lure. Inline flashers like Agitator that just spin on their own axis are a good choice for this application. You can drop them back 20 ft off the ball so they're closer to the lure; if you did that with a conventional flasher it would have such a large arc it would either foul the line or be too far below the lure to be meaningful.

The size of a flasher arc remains constant once it’s minimum distance (eg 6ft) is achieved

Back