Fishing Winters in Sooke

codfish

Finally figured out how to post pics . This will be good now. This is last weeks fish.
Cheers Codfish.
WInterspring.jpg

Where's Wolfy we'll have to have him over for a salmon BBQ. Maybe he'll bring over one of his many fine women.Ha Ha
Cheers Codfish.
DSCN0143.jpg

Nice fish cod,, thx for sharin the pic....

That last picture makes me want to drop everything and go fishing. The itch is getting worse but luckily the weekend is coming.... might be able to make it out to Sooke on Sunday. Would I be better off fishing hootchies instead of bait? And if so, would a white hootchie work? I don't get out much this time of year so any help would be great. Steve.

Steve

Anything glow whether it be hootchies or spoons with short leaders 30 -42 inches glow or betsy flashers. Don't waste your time with bait this time of year.
Cheers Codfish
DSCF0007.jpg

Nice fish for sure.

Was this the day when the seal would not let go of the fish 10-12ft from the boat?

Thanks Codfish,
If this wind ever dies down maybe I can go fishing. I only have a 14 foot fiberglass boat so if its ugly out there, I'm not going out. And I don't have electric downriggers thats why I normally don't go out this time of year. I understand that the fish are down deep right now but how shallow can I fish and still have a chance at catching fish? I don't want to wear my arm out bringing up the downriggers.

Today Really good off the bluffs 13 fish in just over two hours, lost a few to our furry friends, Halillama said he would take care of them for me. So Halillama How were the seals.
DSCN0144.jpg

What were guys using?
We showed a couple of hootchies how to swim for 6hrs [xx(]
Rubber hooks didn't help either[:o)]
cheers

Red Hotspots with glow white hootchies And Red with clear.
Cheers Codfish.
Oh yeah they were deep today so was the bait anywhere from 150-200ft.

Back