Fishing weights

That was quick F.A., how about finding me some cheap around Edmonton! LOL.
I haven't found anything but scrap chite for about $1.00 a pound!
No problem....No need to LOL...I have unlimited longdistance calling..I don't mind. Keeps me busy till my boat is ready to go fishing again. Which is now Friday....How many pounds do you need? Hey..$1.00 a pound is a start but for chite that is bull. You can do better...

Cheers,

No problem....No need to LOL...I have unlimited longdistance calling..I don't mind. Keeps me busy till my boat is ready to go fishing again. Which is now Friday....How many pounds do you need? Hey..$1.00 a pound is a start but for chite that is bull. You can do better...

Cheers,
I can't get a better price then $1.00 on the scrap lead (batteries, Wheel weights, lino type), even ordering 200lbs!!!
A lot of guys cast there own bullets around here, so good lead is scarce. Even the tire shops save it for the gunners!!

I can't get a better price then $1.00 on the scrap lead (batteries, Wheel weights, lino type), even ordering 200lbs!!!
A lot of guys cast there own bullets around here, so good lead is scarce. Even the tire shops save it for the gunners!!

I will try for you. It passes the time. No worry....Always willing to help out another sportsman. I see it as a challenge. I love it......

Labman2, Edmonton is hard to find lead. Metal Supermart in Edmonton has 5# engit @ $5 a pound. Ouch. Russel Metals is calling me back. Everything else seems to be recycled. Seems you would be best off to get someone to bring you a 60# engit from Vancouver @$1.21 a #.

I tried......

Labman2, Edmonton is hard to find lead. Metal Supermart in Edmonton has 5# engit @ $5 a pound. Ouch. Russel Metals is calling me back. Everything else seems to be recycled. Seems you would be best off to get someone to bring you a 60# engit from Vancouver @$1.21 a #.

I tried......
Much appreciated F.A., that's what I found a couple weeks ago when all my casting/mold stuff arrived. 15lb. weights are selling for $32.00 here, now I know why! &*%$
General Steel was the cheap one, but it was recovered lead. A mixture of whatever comes in!

Thinking of heading to Bamfield in July, should probably bring a couple hundred lbs. back.
I worked at Cominco in Trail back in the 70s, they used to give us the ingots for weight in our pick-ups!!!
Also gave us two bags of fertilizer every spring!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yah, $3.00 a # is over twice too much!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again F.A., guess I'll wait until I go out there in July.

right now the price of lead is $1.21 plus hst per lb. Metalix recycle [scrap metal ] Richmond, B.C. close to the vancouver airport. heres the phone # 604-273-5487
they deal in cash or cheques,no debit. you can get two types of lead, there is soft lead and hard lead. 99.9% lead is soft and is the easiest to work with and it melts faster. the price has been between $1.04 - $1.85 this year.

Back