fishing today ?

fished clover point and constance today...
pretty slow, one good yank and a couple head shakes and
he was gone.
released a small fish, just legal and that was it.
very lumpy out there, northeast about 15-20 knots

scotty

quote:
fished clover point and constance today...
pretty slow, one good yank and a couple head shakes and
he was gone.
released a small fish, just legal and that was it.
very lumpy out there, northeast about 15-20 knots

scotty

Fished Sooke today but just missed the bite. Got on the water by 11:30,had a great strike right away followed by 2 undersized springs. Then we bonked a scrappy 5lber all before noon.
ANd then it went dead.......
No other strikes till we got off the water at 2:30.
Did get a couple of nice crabs in the pot aswell though.
Nice on the water out Sooke way.
ANyone else?

Went to Poett Nook yesterday (got in late last night) fished off of Nanat Isl and up to The Wall and back then the wind came up, picked up 3 in the low teens(largest 14lbs) and released several around 6-8 lbs.
Used all white hootchies then changed to small minnow herring in a glow head, most hits on the hootchies and fished shallow 25 to 40 ft, fast troll.....3.4 mph on the GPS against the tide and 3.2 with the tide.
Went in for lunch and a BS with the owners and the wind dropped off around 4 pm made a quick dash for Fleming Isl on the West side and fished until it started to darken only had one hit over there.
Beautiful day out on the West Coast, really is God's country.

AL

it was a bust today..
fished clover and constance without a bite
nice day for a boat ride though, sun was shining
and the sea was calm.
anybody else catch fish ?

scotty

Checked Jocks,Sooke afternoon, 2 boats came in, 1 with a 8, 2nd had only CRs, quiet, no bait fish.
Got my boat yesterday from annual maintenance, try it out tomorrow but it could be just a ride. Im going to move around, not pound a area forever hoping something happens. Im bound and determined to figure this winter fishery out or at least try.

B Gibb

I had a great day on the water with my son. We launched at Jock's at 8:30 and got off the water at noon. Beautiful flat calm, sunny and warm. We had a couple of shakers, released a 4lb and kept 2 7's, traps had a couple of nice crabs aswell.
All in all I thought it was one of the nicest days I've been out on the water since November.

Jason

Fished Constance for 1/2 hour before anchoring up for hali.
Caught 1 spring about 8lb in 1/2 hour then 4 hours with no hali.

Nice day on the water.

Back