Fishing reports-French creek to Nanaimo.

the guy that had the boat befor me who hawed the steering on the transom, i dident like it from the begining, but il new and improve it tomorrow or thursday with proper Stainless,im just glad it broke when and where it did

got ou tonite but not even a sniff, saw more bait this time at 100 to 130 ft, back at it in the morning, Kelly have you been out at all?

nope afraid i wont be out till sunday night/monday but maybe tommorow night. At least the baits out there again. hopefully picks up

went to mistaken and picked up a 16lb on the south side at 120 with a tiger prawn hooch right smack on the tide change , bait all over,Why havent you been out Kelly, Boat troubles?

Nope just no time with exams ect. That sounds like a nice fish! ill be back out tonight and tommorow morning most likely.cya out there

Went out last night to gerald for two hours. Major mistake on my part was at the beggining about 15 min in the one rod bounced a bit. no hookup so i said guess we should check it. Friend said na its probaly ok so we kept going. I noticed when i tried to turn the rods were acting funny and not turning with the boat? Near the end we pulled up to move and we had small dogfish on both lines and they crossed eachother so it was one massive tangle of dofish,lines,flashers and hooks. GOD DANM DOGFISH. oh well it was nice night i saw one 11lber picked up off mistaken at 140ft on grenn/white coyote.

In short noob mistake equals no fish and marked tons of bait.

This morning up at 5 to check it out and 56kmh winds got out to the edge of the bay at 6 foot waves. No fishing for a little while i think they arent forcasted to go down much.

I was out off Winchealsea Island about a week ago. I landed a 32 pounder there, The trip before that I had a 16,18,22,26 and the trip before that I had a 12.5,16,18. then it went bad for 3 days. I had a charter to do in Bamfield, so I moved my boat over to that side. The fishing wasn't really to bad around Nanoose Bay, but It did slow down. I find fishing in Nanaimo has been spotty but when ur into them the fishing can be great! Try moving around till you find them and when you do work the Bait there feeding on. Having a good sounder is almost a must to pick up the salmon acually beside or around the bait schools. FYI I was using a Silver Prism Coyote spoon.

Wow thats soild fishing for this side. I drew a blank tonight but didnt fish hard as i was alone. What part of winchelsea do you fish? I went out with a local guide once who fished between the islands. Also what depth? thanks

I was fishing off gray rock at 55 to about 120 and I was hitting fish. They where far enough offshore that I didn't really have to worry about the seals. I used to fish the gap there between the islands, but the seals always get more of the fish you hook there than what you do! I hooked a nice spring in there too and after a 15 minute battle with the seal we managed to tire the seal out and got the fish back. It is almost like another type of fishery, those seals pull pretty hard, but if u keep the boat right on top of them they cant get a good breath of air, It would be like us running up a flight of stairs holding our breath carrying a big salmon, heh, we wouldnt last too long either. Make sure to always keep your boat beween the seal and the shore!!! I like to work the north end off the Military Island and the reefs right off of it, as well as the reef off of gray rock on the north side.

Back