Fishing in May

F

fishnphil

I was looking for some info on fishing the Island in may. I will be entertaining my Dad and brother who are coming out for a visit from Ontario. I would really like to show them some good BC fishing and camping hospitality. any info would be greatly apreciated.Thanks.

what part of the island are you located Phil?
do you have a boat or are you looking at chartering a
fishing trip ?
:)

I,ve got a 15 1/2 hourston and I'm in the duncan erea. I have gone to many west coast spots but not as early as may.The boat has been trailered to many spots on both coast and inlets.I'm always looking to broden my fishing ereas, if it means i'll be were the fish are.

Try the search function...top right. There's probably lots of info in old posts. There were a few springs caught in the French Creek to Schooner Cove region last year around that time...but pretty spotty.

Hire a guide for some Hali Fishin' outta Renfrew or Tofino / Ucki

Hey Phil: You might want to consider Kitty Coleman in May. The spring fishing is generally good and the campgrounds although without electric hookups etc., has running water and clean facilities. It's a lovely spot right on the ocean. eman

If you don't feel like a long road trip, 45 mins will put you
at beautiful Oak Bay, where the fishing in May is usually the best of the year for Springs in the 10-20 lb range. Launch at Cattle point
and fish the flats or the gap around a tide change and you may get
lucky !;)

Where could I find Kitty Colman? It sounds like a place that I might be interseted in checking out. Thanks

quote:Originally posted by eaglemaniac

Hey Phil: You might want to consider Kitty Coleman in May. The spring fishing is generally good and the campgrounds although without electric hookups etc., has running water and clean facilities. It's a lovely spot right on the ocean. eman

Were is the gap and how deep would you sugest for the down riggers? Thanks for any info that you can provide.

quote:Originally posted by r.s craven

If you don't feel like a long road trip, 45 mins will put you
at beautiful Oak Bay, where the fishing in May is usually the best of the year for Springs in the 10-20 lb range. Launch at Cattle point
and fish the flats or the gap around a tide change and you may get
lucky !;)

quote:Originally posted by fishnphil

Where could I find Kitty Colman? It sounds like a place that I might be interseted in checking out. Thanks

quote:Originally posted by eaglemaniac

Kitty Coleman is nice, however there's always lots of boats there.

I know of another area that isn't too far south of there, the water is probably flatter, and there's as much trolling water there as anywhere else, if anything, there's more fishing opportunities, more bait and isn't fished anywhere near as much as it should be.

Send me an email and we'll discuss.

PM me for more information.

quote:Originally posted by fishnphil

Were is the gap and how deep would you sugest for the down riggers? Thanks for any info that you can provide.

The Gap is a stretch of water bordering Chatham and Discovery islands
It varies between 80-120' deep, downrigger fishing there is usually done
close to the bottom. it's a mere 5 minute run from the boat ramp
at Cattle point

Back