Fishfinder Features What Is Important To YOU?

• Thread starter Thread starter Vanselena
  • Start date Start date
V

Vanselena

Hi folks,

I'm designing a new fishfinder and really would like it to be designed by fisherman. So if you could have any feature on a sonar unit, what would it be? Also what features do you find to be useless?

From bigger screens to bigger buttons, please post what you like and dislike or what features you would want added or taken away

For me personally I prefer a big screen and big buttons for my fat fingers...lol. Things that annoy me are having to be a computer expert just to run my sonar unit, most of the features I never use because I can't find them,,,grrr.

How about you? Now's your chance to get it all out and if enough people agree then you will influence how your future fishfinder will look and feel.

Thanks,

Matthew

Who do you work for? Is this a legitimate request?

I'll take a chance and assume it is. Here are the features I like a in a quality sounder/charplotter.

LIKE:
- high LCD screen resolution (i.e. 480X640 pixels minimum) so you can actually see fish arches (i.e. real fish) not goofy, interpreted fish symbols,
- large, colour screen (i.e. 7-8 inches diagonal, or more) so you can use in a split screen mode with the chartplotter and still see stuff easily,
- powerful sonar unit (i.e. 1000 watts RMS power minimum) so you can go deep if you want to,
- dual frequency transducer (e.g. 50/200 khz) for both fresh and salwater use,
- speed, water temp. and battery voltage sensors, minimum, plus the ability to QUICKLT and EASILY add other sensors such as fuel flow/consumption, etc.,
- ability to use the new Navionics Platinum digital charts that allow you to create and see 3D bathymetric views,
- more dedicated buttons for basic/essential functions instead of 4 multifunction buttons that you need to memorize a whole bunch of button pushing combinations or that take you through endless menu selections,
- standarized cabling and sensors so when you change or upgrade units you don't have to rewire everything again.

That's all I can think of now, hope that helps.

DISLIKE:
-

Back