Fish finder help

JAC

Hey guys

Looking to buy another GPS/ff for my boat. I already have a 10" lowrance with a 50/200 and I'm thinking of a smaller unit a hds gen 2 or the touch, does anyone have the structure scan and do you really think its worth it. Also raymarine has a new unit with chirp technology which looks cool. I would like to stay lowrance but if you think there is something else that will work better for marking salmon I would look at that also. I don't want to spend over $1500

Thanks

I bought structure scan when I bought my first HDS so I could take advantage of a Lowrance rebate. I very rarely use it however. Maybe its just me, or I haven't found its full capabilities. I currently run a HDS 8 and a HDS 7 networked together

FA I have been looking at the raymarine a78 out of anchorexpress online for 1300 and it comes with charts and is the chirp model.

I would look up some of the threads on 'thehulltruth' forum.

All I will say, is that after from what I have heard from many enthusiasts, Raymarine really needs to improve their ergonomics, software, and customer service. In a nutshell

Going to the Vancouver boat show this week, and hopefully the Seattle one as well, will be looking to buy a Garmin XS series, Simrad, or Furuno, in that order of intent, from what I've researched...

Back