Fibreform

• Thread starter Thread starter BOJANGLE
  • Start date Start date
B

BOJANGLE

Very close to purchasing a 1976 22.5' FibreForm with Mercruiser and Control Bridge. Anyone have any baaad experiences with the FibreForm ?

None personally but just make sure you ...Get A Survey!!!

a total MILF.Man I Love Fishing

Thanks for the reply...know any company around Duncan/Nanaimo that does surveys ? Never had one done before.. I know you have to have one before you can get insurance, so yeah.. better to get one now.. how long is a survey good for ?

Had a fiberform hardtop around the same year (same length) but with no command bridge, but most likely the same hull. They are a solid built boat that had few issues and performed well. Downside,they are gas guzzlers, the big V8 in them used around 6-8 gals an hour at cruising speed.

Davie

Edited by - bravefart on 01/03/2006 14:16:49

quote:
Thanks for the reply...know any company around Duncan/Nanaimo that does surveys ? Never had one done before.. I know you have to have one before you can get insurance, so yeah.. better to get one now.. how long is a survey good for ?
Sorry for not replying sooner.Here's a local guy I recomend.
Aquamarine Surveys & services 743-8830 his name is Peter
Seems to know his stuff and is insurance company approved

Thanks guys.... hired a guy (Lyle) from Excalibar Marine Surveyors from duncan... getting er done tomorrow.. hope all goes well.. took her out for a run on Monday... seems like a good boat..... running a MercCruiser with a stright 6, so we'll see how the gas consumption goes...excited about having a boat like this.. beem runnning a 16.6 foot K and C for the last ten years....so this is a bit more boat.. hope I don't run into anything

Is it the old 250 chev 165 hp in it??? or ? let me know what you have I have dealt with the 250 ALOT!!! you may want to chat to me.

Wolf

Hey Wolf...I don't think so....didn't Mercruiser make their own engines ? I was under the impression it was a Mercruiser engine . Is that wrong ?

Yes but they are a gm motor there was 2 different straight 6s one was a 250 or a 298 made by gm but under the mercruser name check to see what engine it first of all i can help you out quite a bit regarding inboards and those models if it is a 250 they are expensive to fix and parts are getting harder to get the last time one of those was made i think it was 1974 email ill let you know all the ins and out of them I took mine out and put a v8 in my boat!!!

good luck Wolf

quote:
Thanks guys.... hired a guy (Lyle) from Excalibar Marine Surveyors from duncan... getting er done tomorrow.. hope all goes well.. took her out for a run on Monday... seems like a good boat..... running a MercCruiser with a stright 6, so we'll see how the gas consumption goes...excited about having a boat like this.. beem runnning a 16.6 foot K and C for the last ten years....so this is a bit more boat.. hope I don't run into anything
AHHHH!'Captain' Lyle Wilson.I had him do a insurance survey for me last spring.Seems quite thorough.What kind of dollars are they asking for this boat?

quote:
Very close to purchasing a 1976 22.5' FibreForm with Mercruiser and Control Bridge. Anyone have any baaad experiences with the FibreForm ?
solid, heavy, stable, dependable hull.....
Hopefully the survey comes out good. She is an oldie.

Some like it rough...
Others just puke!.

Mr. Dean

Edited by - Mr. Dean on 01/04/2006 11:30:15

well, I bought her for 8000 with a 3000 trailer , 2 longarm Scotties with power and trons of extras.. The survey came out with no surprises for a 30 yr. old boat.. and yes Wolf she's a 250

Enjoy your new ride Jangle. If you need parts just see Milt on Dallas rd in Victoria, he has lots of parts for Merc's.

Tournament Proven !

Thanks for that.. the survey guy did say that parts were sometimes a little hard to find....hopefulley won't need too many, too soon...aw, but now, some of the trailer lites aren't working....don't ya just love boating ? what channel does everyone have ears for on the VHF ?

okay guys.. don't fight.. was thinking more about a general standby....I'll be taking the Power Squadron course soon, so I guess I;ll learn all that stuff.. great chatting with some vets tho

Most people sit on 68 or 72 and sometimes youll find the guides on 6 or 7 because we really dont like the chatter that sometimes happens on the other channels im usually on 72 most of the sooke guides are. if you want to listen to see what were up to everybody else does LOL. right fins

Bojangle i think i still have some stuff for the old 250 and i know i have a matenancce book here ill try and dig up for you and some other stuff if you want it.Iknow for sure I have a trim pump for the gen II leg that you have and its completly rebuit good to have a spare if you want to buy it as they are hard to get (in good condition)let me know.

Wolf

Boy.. that maintenance book will come in handy alright..next time i know I'm coming down that way. I'll try and contact you (I'm in Chemainus).. Would like to try that new marina out too...we'll talk about that pump..you're bang on about having a spare

Hey Bo-man, I have numerous spare parts for the 250 chev 165 hp merc laying around in my old mans shop, Valves, lifters, manifolds risers? rochester carb and other stuff like manuals. Im sure it could dissapear without anyone missing it much if you need it...

Back