Favorite ling jig?

Right you are TBG, my pipe jig is a lure not a weight so the 1kg rule should not apply, only sinker on the spreader bars.

I hate to bump an old post but I came across it on Google. This is in fact incorrect a jig cannot exceed 1KG despite how the regulations are worded. I have checked with a DFO conservation officer and theoretically they could cite you on this. That being said I'm unsure if they carry scales with them.

I hate to bump an old post but I came across it on Google. This is in fact incorrect a jig cannot exceed 1KG despite how the regulations are worded. I have checked with a DFO conservation officer and theoretically they could cite you on this. That being said I'm unsure if they carry scales with them.
They do , they need something to balance out their company issued crack

Would never even get to court, DoJ would give it back to the Fishery Officer and tell him “ you guys need to go re-write your regs!”

Cheers!

Ukee

I stopped using bait years ago and switched to Point Wilson Darts 6 & 8 ounce jigs depending on tides. These work extremely well, just make sure you bounce the bottom quickly or you will donate lots of them in rocky areas. All colors work however we have had the best luck on the Pearl White and Green Yellow. Any and all rock fish species cant resist these things. Make sure to have a good rockfish descending device on board to help ensure proper release of any rockfish bycatch.

https://www.sportsmans.com/fishing-...MIy4P2oL2-4wIVFdVkCh1H3g0lEAQYASABEgIRRvD_BwE

I stopped using bait years ago and switched to Point Wilson Darts 6 & 8 ounce jigs depending on tides. These work extremely well, just make sure you bounce the bottom quickly or you will donate lots of them in rocky areas. All colors work however we have had the best luck on the Pearl White and Green Yellow.

You should see the jigs I make.... I get some of them nickel plated and on a sunny day painted jigs can't compare!!

Back