Electrical repair in Courtenay

Fish Assassin

Crew Member
Bilge pump went on the boat this year and poped a few fuses till I figured out it was the the pump its self that was blown. So off to Parker for a new Rule Pump. Had a guy come by and help me install it. It seemed to work till I went out fishing and again the fuse blew. Now when I put a new fuse in it seems I have no power at all. Dosen't even blow a fuse or light up.

Should I test the pump first by removing it?
Replace the wiring?
Try a new switch?
Find someone that knows what they are doing? This is the one I am going for.

It's hard to feel good when using the washdown pump when you know you can't get rid of the water.

Auto switch or seperate float switch?

FA, give me a call. Im working on a job in Merville, I can swing by and have a look if you like, Probably tomorrow? 250 203 1830 Dave.

untitled.jpg

Fill the dam tub!

quote:Originally posted by Island Fish Lifter

FA, give me a call. Im working on a job in Merville, I can swing by and have a look if you like, Probably tomorrow? 250 203 1830 Dave.

untitled.jpg

Fill the dam tub!

I would love that but I have to work tomorrow.

Figured it out this morning. Thanks for your offer Dave. Turns out it was either a bad pump or bad workmanship. As the pump was blown after only one day of use but on the other hand one of the crimps had come part even though it was heat shrinked and taped. I am guess it was shorting in and out.

Back