Does Anyone Know Where To Find The Original MSRP On a 2021 Boat?

Rain City

Crew Member
Trying to work out expected depreciation on a newish boat. Or did all boats go up in value the past 3-4 years? Seems like the new prices jumped with the used boats, but now the new prices are being discounted pretty heavily from their inflated prices. Still way up from pre 2021 though.

Trying to work out expected depreciation on a newish boat. Or did all boats go up in value the past 3-4 years? Seems like the new prices jumped with the used boats, but now the new prices are being discounted pretty heavily from their inflated prices. Still way up from pre 2021 though.
I'm pretty good with Boolean search and the way back machine, but boat sellers and manufactures seem to like to keep their prices closely held likely due to the high cost of shipping and variability in how boats are rigged. Shoot it over to me an I can take a look.

You might expect less depreciation due to the lack of used boats of that vintage... at least thats how its working in the used car market.

Its all just ripples of the covid supply disruption. A few more years and well be back to regularly scheduled programing barring some kind of new crisis. The only thing that is certain imo is that a new boat today is going to be cheaper than a new boat 10 years from now...

You might expect less depreciation due to the lack of used boats of that vintage... at least thats how its working in the used car market.

Its all just ripples of the covid supply disruption. A few more years and well be back to regularly scheduled programing barring some kind of new crisis. The only thing that is certain imo is that a new boat today is going to be cheaper than a new boat 10 years from now...
But will it be cheaper than a new boat three years from now when I want to sell this one? That's my concern anyway.

Seems like guys are selling two year old kingfishers and seasports for close to what brand new costs. If you're buying a 200k-300k boat, why wouldn't you just choose the new one at that point?

I haven't looked at one in a few years, but this mag used to be full of ads with prices. I assume a digital copy would include old ads.
Looks like it'll cost you 8 bits.
Also, my buddy bought a new KF 2525 for 149k that year or maybe 2020. Sold it for quite a bit more in the fall of 2023.

Last edited:
Back