Do I need it ... No, but I want it. Rivian Truck

Apparently quite a few of the new vehicles spy on you. For example if you break hard, your insurance will be notified and your rates will go up. That seems very crazy if true.

Re the cyber truck, my brother in law is up in Powell river for work and said he saw a cybertruck get off the ferry up there last night so they are starting to show up.

I have a reservation for one but I’m not sure I will use it. I don’t want the attention it garners nor the coin to buy it. I think I’d rather buy a bigger boat! :)
Was true with Cadillac / GM. They were selling driver data - but stopped back in April when the NY Times broke the story and GM was hit with a bunch of lawsuits.

If you are interested:

The funny thing is that GM was only getting a few million in revenue from this system - chump change, considering the damage to the brand and potential legal liability. There was one great anecdote about a guy who took his new CTS-V to a race track (where your insurance is void anyway), all the acceleration/braking was reported as 'driving' and the next time he went to renew, his premium had gone up to $5k/year. I hope the penalties and lawsuits are huge so it acts as a real deterent.

In any case, wouldn't have been relevant in BC because ICBC uses a standard points/discount system - the US system is more opaque, and almost like a credit score that private insurers use to assess risk.

Just a foot note on a slightly changing world.....

To order a Corvette, depending on options/model.....we were looking a mininum three years wait....

As of last night, we had four in the showroom with one on hold.

How long until an electric one comes along....

inventory to our store....

3LT....2-1LT X 2.... one Conv E-Ray $181,000.00

two Hummers, one $135.000 plus, other $156,000.00

Numbers rounded off.....but gives you an idea!

Want one or more!? :cool:

Back