Derby's Canuck emporium

Thats a given blabber..... I don't think it was that great of a deal...? They will be close to retirement after this one

...same team -15 years now; of course it's got nothing to do with the $...:rolleyes: :D

Jus saying...

I know they worth it, and will end end up there with the best Canucks that ever played if not the.. but nearing the end of the contract how many young'ins will have to go back to the farm for "more experience" because there is no cap room or spots left?

Jus saying...

I know they worth it, and will end end up there with the best Canucks that ever played if not the.. but nearing the end of the contract how many young'ins will have to go back to the farm for "more experience" because there is no cap room or spots left?

Yes that is true , that is the NHL system but Bobby Lou's contract has more impact at 5.3 mil cap hit until 2021-22 ,not sure he is playing that long.The sisters could play out their contract .

Yes they can and probably will.....Lou's contract is a perfect example. That is why Schnieds is in NJ now and that Hodgson kid..........

2 years at 14 mil each, I think that would have been best. Then go from there.. Again my thoughts on it

They're only going to be 38 years old by the end of this contract - not exactly over the hill IMHO - particularly the way they play.

They're only going to be 38 years old by the end of this contract - not exactly over the hill IMHO - particularly the way they play.

Look at the amount of players that have made that age successfully... The list is sorta long but distinguished.. I have no doubt they can do it. I think the reality is that they should be (good) second line guys in a couple years..

I think these guys have something that is in short supply in and outside the NHL, integrity. I think just as Naslund decided to hang it up and allow his team to free up his salary to acquire new/better talent...I could see the twins doing the same if they felt they were hurting the team and not earning their keep. If Vancouver could just find the guys to make that potent 2nd line and win a cup, the Sedins worth would not be in doubt. Maybe tonight they could convince Pavel to lace them up one more time!

Yeah, Pavel still has a little twinkle in the eye...still youthful looking...hey he could pass for your double - Rollie; mind you he's probably got a few more war wounds....:D

It's been 10 years since the Leafs beat the Canucks. Hope that streak continues

Yeh I get mistaken for Pavel at least once a week. Lol. Actually about 15-20 years ago the wife said I looked a lot like Glen Sather every time he was shown on camera. Maybe I should start sucking on cigars and have some fun!

They have been rerunning a lot of the best, of Pavel the past few days and it amazing what that guy could do with the puck while in top flight. He was a world apart at doing what he did at that speed. Many others had speed close to him but seldom had the finish around the net. Going back to my days as a leaf fan I remember Ron Ellis as their speedster of the 60's-70's...looked great speeding down the wing but couldn't finish a play on his own very often. The other guy who was a speedster of the day who did have some finish around the net was Yvan Cournoyer.

Kessel and Burrows.... Yup, have now seen it all

....except Spanky...:)

Its OK Spanky we all know the best team in Canada is resting up for the playoffs now..

We even made it an early game trying to make it easier for you guys

Anyone else think that Bure could be cast perfectly into a mobster type movie as a Russian gang leader? He just has that look, maybe it's the slicked back hair.

... and the trophy....wife :p

Fired on all cylinders....kept the pedal...
It could of been 7 - 0 if weren't for a few nice saves!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back