cut plug for hali

S

siwash

i'm going to weave some pinnacles with cut plug for halibut tommorow.....going to try to troll some slow slack water off west constance....anybody got any advice

thanks

It works very, very well. Especially on flatter areas, avoid pinnacles, it will be too darn hard to keep your gear near them. Find a nice big gravel patch, and DRAG your lead on the bottome. Keep the bait up about two feet, and 30 feet back.

EDIT: I find keeping my herring stone cold frozen for this seems to make them last a little longer. Even though they thaw right away, seems to make less of a mess driving some big hooks through them. I also leave all the guts in.

I use cut plug and cut plug them the night before and brine them well.

quote:Originally posted by siwash

...going to try to troll some slow slack water off west constance....anybody got any advice

Might be a bit of a challenge finding some slow slack water tomorrow off Constance. Current slows down from about 9-11 but looks to be pretty heavy the rest of the day. Let us know how you did.

Your a little late for hali tides unless you are in a bay coonstance will be ripping till about 11:00 till 12:00 thats about it off of constance then you have an incoming flood tide.

Good luck Wolf

got a slower deep pocket in deep water between albert hd and west constance....it eddys back to west side of albet hd on the later flood...we'll see how trolling for halis work out....worth trying when you cant anchor

The tides this last week were to say a little weird a stronger ebb than what was in the books and some places there wasnt any. was chatting to bananas and where he was he said it was flooding hard and where I was it was no tide very very weird currents.WTF!!!!!!

Good luck today siwash

Wolf

thanks guys....any thoughts on where the fish are mostly caught during heavier tides.....deep???

look for back edies off points as well if u get the murrey tables it will actually show you where there is more or less current,it can be running hard at border bank but 1 mile away could be fishable it's just like a river the tide can back eddy in certain spots depending on bottom structure.

Get TideView 2050. Electronic Murray Tabes for your puter. They are the bomb. PM me if you have trouble setting them up, these work great.

http://www.lastchancefishingadventures.com/tideview.exe

Just unzip them, run the four files exceot setupupd.exe. Then, run setuuppd.exe .Register each one with the key provided in the txt file. Poof, Murray tables anytime, I found these on the internet a while ago, they are great!

Heading up to reny in the am to look at a trailor so i'll get a report but i know the guys getting out are geting them.

Hey LastChance thats a good tide program - thanks for that. is there any way to underlay a basic chart or do you just sort of have to eye-ball it?

I meant to thank you Last Chance--you gave me the lowdown on how to get tideview about a year ago or more but I never did use it til this spring. As for the lat and long--looks to me like you need to get it off your chart or plotter and then get close to that with the tideview pointer so you get the tides for the spot you want.
T2

Back