Custom welded aluminum bow and stern rails by swift solutions

Sculpin you still think of building that bigger boat in the next few years??

It's not going to happen any time soon. I will probably repower my girl with twin 115's and Morse controls before I ever build a bigger boat. Just the facts JAC lol. I took a long step backward this year and decided it ain't going to happen any time soon. I love my boat to death (as you might have noticed). I will keep pushing her to the limits for now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya buy and sell lots of boats more times then not the grass is not greener on the other side, if you like what you got keep it and you know you won't be disappointed.

getting close powder coat tomorrow!!! you can see the lights pretty clear on this shot!

So I got the bow rails powder coated but they are bright white and stick out like a sore thumb. I'm thinking of having them redone to grey or even filling the combing in with a grey decal. The boat name "another obsession" will be going onto the combing once I figure the colours out. Any suggestions on colour or what I should do to make it look more fitting would be great.
b5463e807dcf52a7867a1077e6231014.jpg

So after getting the bow and stern rails reprinted to match the boat paint instead of white, the job in COMPLETE here is a before and after pic. DONE time to move onto my rocket launchers

3fd1a2011084e4644449c1c285394aa6.jpg

b0478045d3c095ee8f1774bc68d3c37d.jpg

That looks a lot better. I like the cockpit rails too. What are you going to do for rocket launchers?

I'm building two set of three launchers they will be made of 2" schedule 40 pipe welded two 3 inch flat bar. I don't want to put to much angle on the launcher. I think the rods look great with the really raked angle backwards but I hate when they get in the way when your fishing. I'm thinking 15 to 20 degree rake will try and complete this week.

I'm building two set of three launchers they will be made of 2" schedule 40 pipe welded two 3 inch flat bar. I don't want to put to much angle on the launcher. I think the rods look great with the really raked angle backwards but I hate when they get in the way when your fishing. I'm thinking 15 to 20 degree rake will try and complete this week.

My rocket launchers are 1.5" sched 40 aluminum and I wouldn't want them any bigger. All my rods fit really nice in this size. I agree with you about the rake. Mine are raked back to far but to tell you the truth I have never hit another rod while fishing. I still want to change them out this coming winter and add some more. I have 6 right now but want 8-10 total. I would stick with the 15 rake. They should look killer.

My pipe is 2" outside and around 1.5" inside is that the same as yours or are yours close to 1" inside?

Mt he pipe is 2" outside and around 1.5" inside is that the same as yours or are yours close to 1" inside?

Yes, that is the same. Pipe (not tubing) is measured as i.d. up to and including 12" after that it goes o.d..

1.5" schd 40 is 1.9" o.d.

Good choice :).

Back