Custom welded aluminum bow and stern rails by swift solutions

JAC

I bought a brand new fishrite a couple months ago and I really though the bow and stern needed to look a little bit tougher! I thought about the design for a while and then went and talked with some welding shops. I ended up meeting with The owner of Swift Solutions custom metal fab in west Kelowna. He has a great shop lots talent and good rates so he was the guy for the job. He asked me to make up a template and Also add the mounting plates to the bow. I wanted to add a little combing or plate to the bow to help kick down the spray. Here is the progress so far.

10f3994fe8d13260ff66d9ed8877737d.jpg

d714a175e76a994921e3f0f0c3cbdda6.jpg

3038b3d71532d0ece73f5db08d6bcd7a.jpg

501f1e57ded72b4c057db7050e3a9dcc.jpg

d1e596baf11285824961f4717c067272.jpg

6a57e419baef52214864f245d91d953c.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good-- but you might want to consider enlarging the scupper holes in the bow.

Very nice....a class touch....:)

Later on, to cut down spray, you could possibly get some of those fabric sidecovers to put around the rails, those would tie on pretty easy or use click-studs.....just an idea........

Those rails sure make the boat look good......

Looks good JAC. That is a definite must on that boat! You can now safely go out on the bow. I agree with opening up those scuppers too. Just make them oval to triple the opening size. What are you doing in the stern?

the stern will have some 3" rectangle tubing with a rail welded to the top of that should be complete tomorrow. Im leaving about 15" from the back of the cabin to the start of the rail this way there will be a easy way to get on and off the boat at the dock

here is some more pics of progress. the welded keep sending me pics of his progress very cool i like to watch it as it takes shape.

The rails and combing will be powder coated when complete here is a pic of progress
0bb5b6fcaaaddd3e172650d209e87ba7.jpg

The splash guard will be welded in solid with that middle pipe half way above it so there is no sharp edges and its super strong!! Very complicated to build with all the angles and bends! I very impressed with the job it's looking great. Here is a pic of the splash guard going in hope the job is complete tomorrow.
f8162fb30d859fe79f8be97e2aa30b11.jpg

Any chance the navigation lights may be obscured by the splash guard?

Had a boat (Alumaweld Intruder) just like yours and put it through some lumpy water never got no greenie over the bow but agree with making the drain holes larger just in case.

cheers

No the lights will be visible and if not i will raise them, It you get in a bad spot they should help and they look great. Plus I need the bow rails anyways.

Ya the more visible the better but hiding holes is more the issue will have to see what I can do maybe just buy some more lights and mount them higher.

Back