Captains responsibility

Why would you ask if it’s alright to poach on a Sportfishing forum? That just gives DFO more ammo to shut us down while we’re all on here fighting tooth and nail trying to keep our fishery alive. Unreal

It's on them . They would get the charge/ ticket if they don't cooperate and say it was you it could get messy. Also remember gear can get seized.

License holders responsible even if guided which is silly but way law works on actual catch but not on gear/barbs etc

Nothing lowers the tip faster than the client getting a ticket. I have heard of clients getting tickets several times.

Nothing lowers the tip faster than the client getting a ticket. I have heard of clients getting tickets several times.

i definitely would not give 2 shizz about a tip if someone was trying to be a closet poacher on my boat. i have had no tip before due to oversized halibut releases, they are not welcome back, and the lodge i worked for at the time had my back. but, also had great tips for running a tight ship and educating fishers at the same time. releasing them big ones, but telling customers the real reasons why it has to be done.

Yeah my point was the client gets the ticket for an infraction. I can see the awkward position a guide could be in when a client wants to break the regulations ...... dammed if you do and dammed if you don't. Nice the lodge had your back. When I guided our owner said if you or your client gets a ticket your gone.

Back