Can you identify?

ARGC

I purchased this 18' foot fiberglass boat 4 years ago.I was told that it is one of a few custom builds made in Cambellriver in the late 80's. This one is registered as an 87 build. I was told that the builder once worked for Boston Whaler and based his designs on things he learnt there. It is a foam injected molded fiberglass hull (no wood), with fiberglass floor over wood. I have no other info on who built it. Though someone out there might recognize it or have info.IMG_1344.jpg

Hmm. Really looks like a Malibu 175. The front of hull especially/windows. Although the hull doesn't look that deep.
Ya the the hull is flat. It is very stable, but the ride gets rough in the chop. I have enjoyed fishing out of it over the last 4 years but I have purchased a new boat. And I am going to sell this one. I was looking for more info on it more so to be able to pass it on to the new owner.

It might be a custom build but it sure looks like a late 80's K&C to me.....
If so it has wood stringers and floor.
Yes I have seen older K&Cs around even side by side at the boat launch and often wondered if it might be. But there is no identification plaque on it. And as far as the stringers I have done a little exploring into the floor and never found any wood stringers.

Does it have a hull number? I thought part of the Hull number code identified the manufacturer
No numbers. Big mystery...over the past four years there have been a number of theories but nothing concrete. I may never know.

The good news is that regardless of brand, it’s clearly a well taken care of boat with a bulletproof 2 stroke Yamaha and a nice Honda kicker. You will have no trouble selling it.

No numbers. Big mystery...over the past four years there have been a number of theories but nothing concrete. I may never know.

I purchased this 18' foot fiberglass boat 4 years ago.I was told that it is one of a few custom builds made in Cambellriver in the late 80's. This one is registered as an 87 build. I was told that the builder once worked for Boston Whaler and based his designs on things he learnt there. It is a foam injected molded fiberglass hull (no wood), with fiberglass floor over wood. I have no other info on who built it. Though someone out there might recognize it or have info.View attachment 60019
Don’t think it’s a Malibu. I picked up a 180 yesterday which looks quite different

Attachments

• 030A2874-65FE-4D52-9EBC-9FCCB24C6D59.jpeg
    030A2874-65FE-4D52-9EBC-9FCCB24C6D59.jpeg
    871.3 KB · Views: 44
X4 for canaventure
X5 Canaventure; the K&C/Stratacraft hull had a 3-4" wide level surface above the rub rail before rising 4-5" to the top of the gunwale
1984 model Stratacraft in pic but the K&Cs were pretty much identical
013.JPG

Back