Campion 542 on "Craigslist" Vancouver

Rayvon

I know a lot of people are looking for this popular model,seems priced right and clean.I can't seem to add a link.Post ID # 6797481355

Pretty sure this is it
00k0k_asDWxFOggO7_600x450.jpg

https://vancouver.craigslist.org/van/boa/d/stuart-island-2000-campion-explorer-542/6797481355.html

Last edited:
Nice rig. This is the older hull model but I think it's still priced right and looks clean. Good package for someone.

When I was looking for my current boat, I spent months finding the right one & then getting there in time to actually do the deal. Good deals go really fast & you have to be very quick to be first in line.
Good luck. I know it can be frustrating.

E mailed the fellow. He has a pending sale.

Story of my life for about 3 years I tried to get one of these boats. People would wire money sight unseen to sellers when their were decent deals.

Once I had a seller phone me up and say I just got another offer first one to get here with cash gets the boat.

Frustrating for me who would prefer to get motor hours, mechanic check ect... forget it by the time you did that someone would buy the boat from under you sight unseen.

I missed the downturn in the economy in 2010-2013 you could get these things almost new for 30-35 grand. you could get like a 2008 with new haul, washdown, self bailing deck ect...

Last edited:
Story of my life for about 3 years I tried to get one of these boats. People would wire money sight unseen to sellers when their were decent deals.

Once I had a seller phone me up and say I just got another offer first one to get here with cash gets the boat.

Frustrating for me who would prefer to get motor hours, mechanic check ect... forget it by the time you did that someone would buy the boat from under you sight unseen.

I missed the downturn in the economy in 2010-2013 you could get these things almost new for 30-35 grand. you could get like a 2008 with new haul, washdown, self bailing deck ect...

Yeah... It really is frustrating. We can take some solace, knowing that some of those guys that buy sight unseen are gonna be stuck with big problems.
I did close inspections on several older boats before I bought mine. All had at least one major problem that killed the sale. One had milky oil in the outboard crankcase, another with one flat cylinder. Three with spongy floors and/or transoms. And a couple that I just didn't like the layout. All of those boats looked great in the ad photos.
Spending a bunch of money, you just have to (IMO) give the boat a really good inspection and a sea trial before forking over the cash!

Last edited:
I had much the same predicament. Looked at several that were I/O but wanted outward. Saw an add for one in Langford. Called the guy and went and saw it, cash in hand. Both motors were original but the boat was in good to very good shape. He started both motors for me and I took a chance given what the price was. Dragged it home, and 3 years later all is good ( KNOCK ON WOOD) I'm pretty sure I could sell it for 10 G more now. Probably put 2 into it to get it the way I wanted it.

00f0f_ue63W5N56E_50x50c.jpg There's another one in Friday Harbour.A 2006 with 10 Hrs. on it,150 Suzuki,looks as new.Still cheap at $22K U.S..Call fast or it will be gone.Seattle "Craigslist".Glen @ 425-417-7518

Last edited:
View attachment 42736 There's another one in Friday Harbour.A 2006 with 10 Hrs. on it,150 Suzuki,looks as new.Still cheap at $22K U.S..Call fast or it will be gone.Seattle "Craigslist".Glen @ 425-417-7518
Very clean unit. At the current exchange rate and after the trump tariff, it’s going to cost >$30k CND.

New will cost about $50K Cdn. so this one at 10 Hrs. on it and some extra's is still a good deal me thinks.

Back