Buzz Bomb Special Rod.

Capt. Jack

Anyone know anything about these rods, picked on up at flea market for my buddy, his rod is broken.
did quick research and can't find any info about them.

Doug is the son of Rex Field who was the inventor of the buzz bomb. I was an avid buzz bomber in the seventies and early eighties and met him at his shop in Courtenay. Very interesting man and yes those reds worked well paired with a spinning reel. My girlfriend now my wife landed a 32 lb spring at Pedder Bay in 1980 winning Angler of the Year on one. Fun days indeed.

Anyone know anything about these rods, picked on up at flea market for my buddy, his rod is broken.
did quick research and can't find any info about them.
Is it a one piece rod or a 2 piece?
I have an unmarked rod I bought last year, 2nd hand, so I wonder if it is the same? about 8' long and very stiff.

Buzz bomb special rods are branded in the usual spot, beside the hook keeper. If it's not branded it's not a Buzz Bomb rod.

@jim morrow You could always post a picture, more than a few talented sleuths around these parts :-)

I seem to recall watching a film featuring one of the Fields demonstrating that rod and their technique of jigging Buzz Bombs with it, many moons ago.

Rather than the long pulls and drops you often see jiggers making I seem to recall he used a much shorter pull and drop, almost keeping the Buzz Bomb constantly spinning, or what I might describe as yo-yo-ing.

I remember it looked different from what one normally sees when watching jiggers.

Nobody ever reads the instructions. LOL

Anyway, darn good lure and I've caught lots of fish on them.

Take care.

Back