Boat type?

C

C Johns

New to the forum. Am thinking of coming up to fish the Campbell River area. For saltwater, will my 20' Lund Alaskan be enough boat for near shore fishing? Will I be able to acess the hotspots with this boat? I use this boat mainly on the Columbia River and it serves me well but would appreciate all local knowledge you folks can provide. Thanks in advance.

Also are the rivers road accessable for ( steelhead and salmon )walk in fishing?

I would be a good boat for that,As long it isn't a jet.To much cavitation in choppy water.

My boat is 19 ft Campion and I live 25 miles from C.R. We run across and fish this general area often. Just be careful of the riptides off Cape Mudge, and watch the winds if going any distance that you don't want a bumpy ride home from.

quote:Originally posted by C Johns

quote:Originally posted by the runt

I would be a good boat for that,As long it isn't a jet.To much cavitation in choppy water.
Thanks for the opinion. Not a jet. Mercury 115 OPTIMAX and Mercury 6hp/4 stroke kicker. Inboard gas tank carries 20 gallons with a 6 gallon kicker tank.

When in C.R. see where the guide boats are fishing (most are whalers with Oak Bay group written on sides) Check in at the fishing store at bridge on the river, the name escapes me right now but they are very helpful on whats biting on what and where.

quote:Originally posted by Kisinana

When in C.R. see where the guide boats are fishing (most are whalers with Oak Bay group written on sides) Check in at the fishing store at bridge on the river, the name escapes me right now but they are very helpful on whats biting on what and where.
THANKS FOR THE INFO...I will have a truck over camper I stay in. So my routine is to find a campground with a marina, I keep the boat in the water and camp at their facility. This has worked well across Canada and the upper midwest where I chase Pike and Musky. Again, thanks for the imput.

There is a marina and and an rv park at Browns Bay, just N. of CR, through the narrows. Good fishing just 5 minutes away. The park is busy so call ahead.

Brown's Bay Marina Box 668 Campbell River, BC. V9W 6J3
e-mail (250) 286-3135

quote:Originally posted by urchin

There is a marina and and an rv park at Browns Bay, just N. of CR, through the narrows. Good fishing just 5 minutes away. The park is busy so call ahead.

Brown's Bay Marina Box 668 Campbell River, BC. V9W 6J3
e-mail (250) 286-3135
Thank you very much.

Back