boat speakers

• Thread starter Thread starter firstlight
  • Start date Start date
F

firstlight

Just bought a new to me stereo and wondering what speakers i should pick-up for the boat.
It has 6.5 inch in there now but they sound like crap and the new deck has 200 watts so will need something a little better.

Any suggestions?HELP:)

You can pretty much use any speaker as long as it is not going to get wet.. I see clarion has a marine speaker out that has some punch.. Try trotac first and i know Westmarine has a good selection.. But like always you get what you pay for.. If you don't have tunes you are not fishing !!

The marine speakers claim that they are indeed splash proof, that you can actually get them wet no problem. I installed a pair last year. I don't know if such claims are BS.

Infinity Kappa 602 Marine speakers or if you have the money look at JL coaxial speakers.

Thanks for the respnses.
Will look into the ones suggested.
Not sure if im going with marine or just auto speakers at this point as they are out of the weather where they are mounted.

Nothing like watching the Sun go down while out Sturgeon fishing and listening to a little Floyd.:D

just hit pick-a-part and buy a couple of cheap car speakers, I think they're under $15 p/pair. If you kill em, take another trip out to PAP and buy another pair :D

Whatever you choose, just stay the same size. I upgraded from 6" to 6x9s and it was a lot more work then I thought to get them in.

I have tried several different types and brands from diamond audio made in germany to boston accoustics. all of the marine rated speaker sound tinni to me. Last year I found that the best for marine applications are DC Gold speakers, they use them in fountain boats and you can spray them directly with a hose or even salt water. they sound excellent. if you want to hear them go to youtube.com and type in 425vance you will see my salmon fishing in canada video and in the video you can hear the speakers in the background.:)

Back