black sea bass

the runt

Just curious if the boys fishing in the sooke area ever get into the bass,they got to be fun to catch on light gear,how is the table fare.

Anywhere they're found Black Bass are a blast on a Trout rod, small dark Spinners, some small shiny ones, occasionally a reddish one.

They are a delicious animal.

We caught a bunch of those trolling along the beaches at Ucluelet in August. My buddy kept a few few. We weren't actually sure what they were, but they looked edible... Not sure if he's battered them up yet.

Not a lot of fun on Salmon gear that can handle a 40+ lb Chinook. The flasher on the line didn't help either. Although, I can see how they might be fun on light tackle. They certainly aren't difficult to catch! It seemed like we would pick them up every time we hit a bait ball.

fished renfrew on saturday and at the end of the day jigged a little .
everytime you put the jig down you would have one on.they sure do put up a good little fight I was using the steelhead rod so even better.
the meat is more firm then other cod .

they are very tasty, make good fish and chips, and renny seems loaded with them right now, cant wait to get some more, and the crabs really like the carcases as well

Back