Best Seat Pedestal

Stizzla

Crew Member
What’s my best option? I’d love a little shock absorber. Looking to not spend shockwave money by any means, just something to bolt a Tempress to and screw into the floor.
Cheers!

Those pics I sent you of my seat pedestal had a small spring in it. Although it is more of a flush mount than an actual pedestal.
Not sure what your application is.
Shoreline Marine Seat Mount Plate on Amazon

I need a 30” pedestal style shock absorber..... best I found was the Pro Pedestal made in Tampa, Florida. $495 US and $50 shipping. Will try to attach picture. Interested to see what others have found..... The 6 bolt pattern matches the existing pedestal so should be very easy install!?BA9DFC4A-AAF2-457F-94A0-7BB842431EC0.png

Those pics I sent you of my seat pedestal had a small spring in it. Although it is more of a flush mount than an actual pedestal.
Not sure what your application is.
Shoreline Marine Seat Mount Plate on Amazon
I’m leaning towards a deck mount pedestal. My sleeper box doesn’t have a top on it amd I can’t seem to get rid of just the seats by themselves. I saw Rayvon’s interior pic and think the pedestal looks clean

What model and where abouts did you purchase from? Have a 17 arima too

Don't remember the model, but you can probably figure it out from the picture and looking on the manufacturers website. The picture is from before I installed it. I put the pedestal on a piece of 1" thick starboard in order to raise it a bit - could have used a couple of inches more, but was otherwise a significant improvement to the sometimes jarring ride of the 17' Chaser.

Attachments

• pedestal.jpg
    pedestal.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 23
1615499876573.pngThis base looks like the one I have,with a different slide. Mine is only 12" from deck to bottom of seat,so I don't know if you'll find a shock pedestal that short.It's made by "Wise" off Amazon.My back could use one too.

View attachment 62961This base looks like the one I have,with a different slide. Mine is only 12" from deck to bottom of seat,so I don't know if you'll find a shock pedestal that short.It's made by "Wise" off Amazon.My back could use one too.
I was looking at that. Do you recommend it?

To be honest ,I haven't ever been in the water with this boat other than a 10 minute test drive since I bought it back in September ,but it seems solid.

I think I will shell out some more coin for a higher quality system. I’m leaning towards wave pro. Reviews are good

Is there a small seat spring type thing that could sit on top of a box? I don't want to customize the cabinet. I currently have the front mounted on hinges because the seat flips forward but I have a 2" chunk of wood at the back to get better visibility. So I was thinking just like springs to replace the wood block as a last resort.

Check out Airwave Pedestal. Not sure if that’s too expensive. I haven’t tried it but thinking of pulling the trigger on one.

I’ve done a lot of searching and many who have tried both prefer the wave pro. It’s about $1100 retail plus shipping from Edmonton which I find out Monday. Can’t find it locally yet but I’m still trying.

I’ve done a lot of searching and many who have tried both prefer the wave pro. It’s about $1100 retail plus shipping from Edmonton which I find out Monday. Can’t find it locally yet but I’m still trying.
1100 ouch . If it helps the back I guess it’s worth it.

Back